Help Out Please: Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge (gt500)

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Anyone added a wideband to the 07-10 gt500? Looking at pickup one up and needed some recommendations as to what to buy / what to stay away from. Planning on using a SCT x4 handheld and want one which is pretty maintenance free). I’ve seen some reviews about the AEM Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge…. But i am open to influence of what is the “go-to” is for by other Shelby owners.

XP900

Established Member
I installed an Aeroforce WB and boost sensor....I don't use it and didn't trust the readings...they were all over the place and never very steady. Still have it all installed but yanked the vent gauge and put in a cobalt mechanical vacuum boost gauge that I love and is very accurate, easy to read and matches my factory gauges color. I may see if I can use my aeroforce wband sensor with another gauge maker.

Others seemed to have better luck with the Aeroforce....but I don't like it. It can do a lot of other readings of the OBD interface too..like temp, batt readings which were steady readings but I really wanted it for a good wband reader where it fell short.

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Anyone added a wideband to the 07-10 gt500? Looking at pickup one up and needed some recommendations as to what to buy / what to stay away from. Planning on using a SCT x4 handheld and want one which is pretty maintenance free). I’ve seen some reviews about the AEM Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge…. But i am open to influence of what is the “go-to” is for by other Shelby owners.
I have this which I was going to be posting up for sale shortly. Zeitronix Zt-4Dual AFR Wideband Controller
bca38319866a6a39e2489abfd3a4e5ad.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I used PLX in the past with good results. At first it was hooked up to the PLX display. Eventually I hooked it up to an Aeroforce. I didn't notice any extra bouncing beyond the normal sensor activity.

I currently have Zeitronix ZT-3's in my car and have no complaints. If I had to do it over I'd go Spartan 14point7 because of the wireless datalogging option. But that's just a personal preference.

I know I'm not a Shelby guy, but it works the same.

einehund

Established Member
I have the zeitronix Zt-2 and have that then wired into my Ngauge. I have both a wideband and boost pressure on it and they both work just as they should. No complaints.

bg302

Established Member
I also have the Zeitronix ZT3. Easy install and the reading is very accurate. I have it tied into my Lund nGauge.

HKusp

Established Member
I had the AEM. It wasn't bad, the worst part is welding in the bung properly, which isn't really that bad.

Willie

Established Member
Innovate LC2 in every one of my vehicles:
Then pair up a gauge with it:

It's programmable to read lambda or AFR. It has two analog 5v outputs which I would not do without. I use both. One goes to my DB9 connector to connect for datalogging and the other goes to my Aeroforce interceptor. It's range is 0.5 - 1.5v (lambda) or approx 7.4 - 22.4 AFR. These are linear, but for whatever reason if you'd like to immolate a narrow band, it can be programmed that way too. You can also choose a recycle rate. It uses an LSU 4.9 sensor.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Innovate LC2 in every one of my vehicles:
Then pair up a gauge with it:

It's programmable to read lambda or AFR. It has two analog 5v outputs which I would not do without. I use both. One goes to my DB9 connector to connect for datalogging and the other goes to my Aeroforce interceptor. It's range is 0.5 - 1.5v (lambda) or approx 7.4 - 22.4 AFR. These are linear, but for whatever reason if you'd like to immolate a narrow band, it can be programmed that way too. You can also choose a recycle rate. It uses an LSU 4.9 sensor.

I would think being able to have the narrow band output would make it possible to connect that to the factory narrow band input. That would eliminate the need for an extra bung to be welded in since the wideband sensor could be installed in the factory location. Or so I would think.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
You need a firewire cable hooked up to the wideband to plug into the aux port on the X4. Then in Livelink you select one of the analogs to read it.
@01yellercobra - does any firewire cable work (universal with any A/F gauge)? How does the cable plug into the gauge. Any reccommendations.... I am looking for a) dummy proof b) easy to connect it all c) clean look

LiveLink is free correct?

Thanks

Willie

Established Member
Yes, free. But it is hard to find on SCT's website (last time I looked years ago). AND I prefer their older version, 6.5. I have both 6.5 and Gen II launchers. I can e-mail one or both to you if you prefer. Send me a message.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
@01yellercobra - does any firewire cable work (universal with any A/F gauge)? How does the cable plug into the gauge. Any reccommendations.... I am looking for a) dummy proof b) easy to connect it all c) clean look

Thanks
Yep. You have to cut one end off and connect one of the wires to the 0-5v output from your wideband. The last one I did my buddy bought a $10 cable off Amazon. You'll have to figure out which wire goes to which pin, but that's simple with a DMM. I've always run the cables behind the dash and into the glovebox. Easy to store the cable out of the way when not in use that way.

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
@XP900 @01yellercobra @HKusp

@Willie or anyone else…. How do any of these monitors interact with a sct x4? What else am I going to need to hookup or buy? thanks

Thanks

One 0-5VDC analog output wire from your wideband controller is connected to a firewire adapter: Orange wire is Analog 1 input to SCT device, and Red wire is Analog 2 input to SCT device. Any generic firewire cable should work.

My wideband and MAP sensors are normally connected to my AeroForce Interceptor for monitoring. When I want to datalog, I just swap the inputs over to my firewire cable for connection to my SCT X4 using blade connections. I have had good results with AeroForce products... trouble free for 8 years and counting.

FireWire lead.JPG

1223.jpg

SCT X4_FireWire connection.JPG

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Question to all: does one need 2 gauges (wideband) to measure / track? One for each bank?

Thanks

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Question to all: does one need 2 gauges (wideband) to measure / track? One for each bank?

Thanks
The Zeitronix Zt-4Dual AFR Wideband Controller has 2 wideband sensors and they both show on the gauge. I have a zt-4 that I don't need anymore. Let me know if you are interested in it

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
The Zeitronix Zt-4Dual AFR Wideband Controller has 2 wideband sensors and they both show on the gauge. I have a zt-4 that I don't need anymore. Let me know if you are interested in it

Is it compatible with live link / splice in a Firewire cable for connection of sct x4?

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Is it compatible with live link / splice in a Firewire cable for connection of sct x4?
Well it has a stand along gauge that shows the AFR. But if you want to log on a sct you would have to wire the FireWire cable like the post above

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

Thanks
Most monitor one bank. But monitoring both banks would give more info. I have dual widebands now and I like seeing what both are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread