Help Pricing an 87 GT

Ithnu

Established Member
A friend of mine might go look at this 87 GT. It's a guy he knows from the army, so it's not a total stranger purchase. I'm in CT and my friend's back in WI so I can't go see the car. But I love Fox Body mustangs, I own a 93 Cobra, so he figured I'm the guy to check with. The seller is not trying to pass it off as a Cobra himself, he just put the snake emblems on it.

From the description it has a rebuilt motor and has had body work. It looks to be in good shape but I'm always leery about people selling cars with rebuilt engines. My friend knows cars; he also has an 85 Monte Carlo SS, 68 Ford pickup and a 1995 Impala SS. So any blaring mechanical issues he'll see right away.

The guy is asking $6,500 which I know is too much. Maybe $4,500 assuming there are no mechanical issues?

Attachments

• IMG_5256 (002).PNG
    IMG_5256 (002).PNG
    720.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 162

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Not really good pictures to make a judgement on price.
This i will say . T top 87 is a rare find , T top cars do have issues with floor pan cracks , i have one so i do know this .
On the left coast , that is a 4000.00 car .

Ithnu

Established Member
I know about the pics. That's what he sent me via text. I think those folks in the mid-west still don't understand high speed internet, go ahead and send the full res.

I didn't realize t-tops had that structural issue.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Nothing to loose sleep over .
I pinned and weled mine, installed subframe connectors and have had no trouble

Users who are viewing this thread