Help Removing Lower Intake

97RioRed4V

Established Member
Last night I finally got the coolant crossover pipe removed (rusted in). Now I just removed the 10 bolts that hold down then lower intake and IMRCs. I tried lifting the intake and it is stuck on! I used a two foot long pry bar to the bottom on the intake and pried against the engine block ridge (alternator area) with no luck. Any suggestions please????

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
Did u take the lid off and undo the bolts on the inside, I think there is either 2or 4 I dont remember im sirw someone knows

jakesspv6

Established Member
Any pics? If you got all 10 it should lift up with ease. There are not any bolts in the middle like stated above.

97RioRed4V

Established Member
I just looked. I have two bolts in the lower intake (air tube section) that I believe go to the imrcs. Do I need to remove this? Lastly I am not sure about the wire harness. All I see.back there is the cables going to imrcs. Wouldn't it still come up if there was a wiring harness?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Yes every bolt needs to be removed for the intake to come off, also there are 2 bolts inside the intake that also need to be removed. Look right in the middle toward the edge of the intake, where the runners meet the lower part of the intake.

97RioRed4V

Established Member
You guys were right! The two bolts inside the air intake (air tube area) are longer than expected. Once I took them out and the 4 bolts underneath for the IMRC control box I was able to pull the intake out. What I was supprised to see was a little bit of oil in the intake. Is that normal for 75K miles? Anything I should do to stop it before intalling the intake and supercharger?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Normal. Im not sure how other cars are..but we get blow by like no other.

Im assuming it is the horizontal surfaces inside the intake that allows the oil to accumulate. Same with c head intakes.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Normal. Im not sure how other cars are..but we get blow by like no other.

Im assuming it is the horizontal surfaces inside the intake that allows the oil to accumulate. Same with c head intakes.

It's the fact that the runner inlets are above the runner floor. Gravity is a bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread