Help! Supercharger coolant 'disappearing'

brothmc

CobraGator
Established Member
The supercharger coolant reservoir occasionally will empty rapidly into the engine and come out of the tailpipes. Thought that it was a cracked supercharger intercooler and had that replaced but still occasionally 'missing' supercharger coolant. The empty sc coolant reservoir is also accompanied by a humming noise coming from the reservoir. Anybody ever had this problem??

fast ford brian

Established Member
The humming is the intercooler pump running , I also think its something leaking in the coolant manifold for the blower , how low does it get ?

hotcobra03

Established Member
coolant

you had a tread back in oct with this problem,

i would say o-rings cause you changed intercooler,but it can still be intercooler,

was the cooler new or used?

did you do the work?

brothmc

CobraGator
Established Member
I had to redo the thread sorry. I had the intercooler replaced (by a shop) so the coolant issue is resolved but now it loses power on WOT almost as if it is belt slip but it isnt. The steering wheel also shutters at 50 mph...intercooler was used but is the intercooler pump or sc water pump a common problem?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I had to redo the thread sorry. I had the intercooler replaced (by a shop) so the coolant issue is resolved but now it loses power on WOT almost as if it is belt slip but it isnt. The steering wheel also shutters at 50 mph...intercooler was used but is the intercooler pump or sc water pump a common problem?

YES! As is the connector.

brothmc

CobraGator
Established Member
finally resolved all issues. It is puzzling when there are simultaneous problems... replaced sc intercooler which resolved the coolant leak into engine. replaced intercooler water pump which had failed causing loss of power.. identified whine to be a/c compressor which did not affect anything.

Trentimus

Established Member
I'm having this same issue; is it an easy fix. And where would I get the intercooler for the S/C? Mine literally is having this issue right now =[

brothmc

CobraGator
Established Member
I got the intercooler from either a forum member or ebay - i cant remember. I hired a mechanic to replace the intercooler since i know nothing about working on superchargers lol - intercooler was around 300 and so was the labor

I'm having this same issue; is it an easy fix. And where would I get the intercooler for the S/C? Mine literally is having this issue right now =[

kleistang

Established Member
your o-rings could be damage from the 2 tubes.

x2 when i got my car las month i had the same issue, i tought it was a cracked intercooler but it was the o rings, i replaced them with a new set, a bit thinker and put some grease to keep them lubricated.

Users who are viewing this thread