Help w/ shifter

Braden

Shake N' Bake
Established Member
So I must of used some really good gasket sealer because I cant pull my shifter off of the tranny. Has anyone else had this problem cuz I could use some hints on what I could do to get it off cuz I have no more ideas and I can not physically pull it off.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Pull straight up on the shifter as you gently pry up the shifter with the screwdriver. It's worked for me in the past. Just make sure your pulling it straight up.

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
yeah i had that problem just use a screwdriver like said above, if its a stock shifter just beat on it lol.........and buy a mgw!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
extremely easy:

raise vehicle
take screw driver and rubber mallet
get under tranny
tap the lip of the shifter from underneath until it starts to seperate from the tranny. At that point it will come off easily.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
put the handle back on the shifter. give it a good wack on the handle with your hand. it will come off

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
ju015dd said:
put the handle back on the shifter. give it a good wack on the handle with your hand. it will come off

I just did mine like a a week ago and the MGW insructions made it very clear not to pry front to back, only side to side. I think its something about the stock shifter not having shift stops so you can actually push it too far into gear and break it!

When i did mine i jsut pulled on it for like 5 minutes and it came out.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
albino96 said:
I just did mine like a a week ago and the MGW insructions made it very clear not to pry front to back, only side to side. I think its something about the stock shifter not having shift stops so you can actually push it too far into gear and break it!

When i did mine i jsut pulled on it for like 5 minutes and it came out.
put it on, and give the shifter handle a good wack, from the side. it will come off

Users who are viewing this thread