HELP! What noise could this be!?

SLO_SHO

Established Member
Any insight at this point is helpful.

I've been chasing this dang noise longer than I'd like to admit and have tried multiple things with no avail. *it's easiest to hear with headphones in as it's somewhat faint to a phones audio*
Anyway, the noise is present ONLY under load, from 1500rpms-2500rpms...may be present beyond that but I can't hear over thr exhaust. The noise is only present for the first 10-15 min of driving so after it's warm it goes away.
Things I've replaced, tensioner pulley and alternator thinking those could be it, which I was wrong.
I have billetflow idlers, which I have not replaced the bearings in *yet* the snub idler spins noticeably longer and faster when spinning by hand, but don't notice any odd noises coming from it when spinning by hand, maybe because the noise I'm hearing is only heard under load...I'm not sure. But any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting fairly frustrated with it and the season is quickly coming to an end so I would like to enjoy the car a few last times without having to hear the noise.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
Just something,,
When my lower pulley gave out,
I was getting a loud noise just in morning,,
Under load,2k rpm ,sounded like valve train/belt tensioner rattle .

With car off,,try to move belt forward and backwards,,

I had almost an inch play.
Is should not have any

LS WUT

Established Member
I tried to listen, it’s rather hard when there is wind noise. Does it only do this while driving, or will it replicate the noise when you’re in the engine bay and revving it manually ?

Users who are viewing this thread