Help with -10an feed and 8an return fuel system

blakef925

Established Member
Hope this is in the right section. I am piecing together my own return style fuel system, because i already had some of the things needed. I am using a fore hat with triple walboro gss342 pumps. I have a magnafuel 3 to 1 adapter on the hat and am going to run a -10an feed from there. Then i'll have a 10 micron fuel filter (summit, aeromotive, fore, whatever). I am using upr rails and a aeromotive regulator, then a -8an return. This is a 2V car, but shouldn't be any different than the return setups all you 03/04 guys go with.

1. Whats a good guesstimate on the length of line i'll need? 20ft of each enough?

2. Can someone tell me what fittings i'll need to get everything hooked together?

3. The hat and pumps were used in a 03/04 cobra. The car i'm building is a 97 so i'm probably going to have to change the wiring. Anybody done this?

Thanks in advance!

blakef925

Established Member
Anybody have any recommendations on lines? Don't want fragola, thinking either aeroquip or the summit brand line. Gonna use the fittings that match the line, whichever i go with. Already have my magnafuel pump and 2 aeromotive filters and regulator. All i need now is my fuel line and fittings. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

SlowSVT

Established Member
Braided line will weep gas vapors in the garage and need to be replaced after a few years. But I have heard of brand of like that won't stink up the garage. Perhaps someone will chime-in on what brand of line to use. 20' of each sounds about right. A strip of wire routed in the same path the line will take will confirm how much length you need.

I like Earls all blue AN fitting (Summit Racing sells them pretty reasonably) but be prepared to fork over some big dough. Get all the components together and figure out what fitting you will need. Avoid 90 elbows like the plague and use only mandrel bent smooth fitting to minimize flow restrictions

Make sure you keep the Inertia switch located behind the driver’s side tail light in the loop to kill the pumps in the event of an accident or the pumps will keep pushing fuel into the engine compartment.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
You should really post this in the SN95 section. You are asking for specifics that they will be able to answer better.

I'm not 100% sure if you can use a 03/04 hat in a 97 tank. I know the tanks internals are different.....baffles and etc.

As far as fittings to stock lines. Russel makes a good line of those:
Russell Performance - Specialty Fuel EFI Adapter Fittings

20' of hose is enough. I know that from running my -8 upgrade. Personally I would use Aeroquip TFE Race Hose. It's teflon lined and will help with the weeping. But as Slow said it's not a lifetime hose. You should always use the hose ends the maker of the hose you choose recommends.

Users who are viewing this thread