Help with 2 valve long tube header choice

budman5023

Established Member
So I am shopping for long tubes for my 04 gt road course only car. I don't know if I need the 3 in or 2.5 or size of primaries. Or if mid lengths are on option. Money is a non issue but who doesn't want to save a little scratch. Currently the car is supercharged but with eventually have a fully built n/a teksid block and a more superchared friendly teksid block. One for high altitude and one for sea level. Car also has a magnum t56 so hope they will clear for clutch changes. Will be doing the same time as k member and coil over setup. Both will have port matched trickflow 195 cylinder heads. Not swapping to coyote or 4 valve, yet. Just need opinions on Long Tube Headers. Looking from anywhere from 450 engine hp to 550. Thanks guys. Started a build thread in road racing section.

CV355

_
Established Member
1-5/8" primaries to 2.5" collectors should be more than enough for your build. Kooks and ARH both make fantastic headers.

This. Don't cheap out either- I ran through 4 sets of headers (changed it up a few times) on my '00 GT and only two did not exhibit leaks at the flange (flange flatness / warpage issue): Kooks and MMR Customs.

Sure, you can save $200-$300 and get a cheaper set, but when the welder got lazy and the flange is warped to hell and back, you'll regret having not spent the extra bit.

budman5023

Established Member
This. Don't cheap out either- I ran through 4 sets of headers (changed it up a few times) on my '00 GT and only two did not exhibit leaks at the flange (flange flatness / warpage issue): Kooks and MMR Customs.

Sure, you can save $200-$300 and get a cheaper set, but when the welder got lazy and the flange is warped to hell and back, you'll regret having not spent the extra bit.
I think I am going to go ahead and get the ARH with 1 5/8 primaries and 2 1/2 collectors. I would like to step up one size but I am cool with that. Might help keep the weight down. I am guessing a 2.5 in cat back is good enough as well? Thanks guys.

StrokerGT22

Established Member
I went with Mac longtubes ceramic there amazing they sound great to

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Stanger00

Established Member
Stainless steel long tubes get my vote with 1 5/8" primaries and 2.5" or 3" is fine.

I never drive my car in the rain and the macs I put on still rusted and it's occurring from inside out. Coating don't mean anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread