Help with aluminum block

Fast Willy

Established Member
Hey guys, I know I don't really post in the section but I need help from some guys who know the GT's better then I do.

I recently have the opportunity to purchase what I have been told is an original GT aluminum block. Now the part number I believe that to be is M-6010-GT. I have attached the pictures I have been shown about the block. I'm not sure if this is the part number or engineering number etc on this block and it clearly is not the M-6010-GT number I was looking for.

Now the block was originally purchased from JDM by the gentlemen I will be purchasing the block from. It has had all the machine work done to convert over to wet sump and the starter bosses reworked so it will fit into my lightning.

I really just need help identifying if this is a true aluminum GT block or not.

Block4_zpspodebtnp.jpg

Block5_zpstsqkug48.jpg

Block6_zps9qjnieki.jpg

Block_zpshmum8nt8.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys

MattACK

Established Member
I'm looking for the same information as well. I have an aluminum block motor that JDM built that has been in my lightning since 2010 that was supposed to be an aluminum GT500 PTWA block. I recently pulled the motor to find out it actually has cast iron liners in it which means it is NOT a GT500 PTWA block, and more likely an aluminum GT block. My block has the same numbers as yours save the 4 digit number under E5YXA. Mine is 5365 to your 3084.

I know this doesn't answer your question entirely, but the only aluminum 5.4L blocks with cast sleeves that Ford made to my knowledge are the Ford GT block.

MattACK

Established Member
Follow up... I just spoke with a gentleman named Steve at Ford Racing Performance Parts who verified that the only two aluminum 5.4L blocks they make are the sleeved GT block and PTWA GT500 block.

You sir have a GT block, as do I.

Users who are viewing this thread