Help with changing brass gear on dual 75mm kenne bell to oem hard plastic

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Hey guys, my old throttle body brass gears are no good, so it's going out for rebuild. Meanwhile I get a new dual 75mm kenne bell throttle body. I heard alot of guys swap out one of the brass gears to oem hard plastic one so they don't bind in high temps. Anyone done it before or has a link to diy????? Need your help asap!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I would bet they will change out one gear to plastic as part of the rebuild.

Whipple recently did this for my mono-blade

Joewee500

Established Member
Why would they change them out as part of a rebuild? They are sending out a new version of the twin 75mm with brass gears. I have a new one in the box. They should send out new versions with plastic gears.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Why would they change them out as part of a rebuild? They are sending out a new version of the twin 75mm with brass gears. I have a new one in the box. They should send out new versions with plastic gears.

well then I guess my suspicion is wrong. With the known issues of brass gears it never dawned on me they would still be making them new with them.

Whipple will rebuild with a plastic gear in place of one of the brass.

Joewee500

Established Member
I don't think its a good idea,send it in for a rebuild and let the experts do it. This could lead to tuning problems and even be dangerous, throttle bodies are finicky.

Especially KB throttle bodies. Been through a few and multiple tuning settings. So far so good with latest tb and settings.

Users who are viewing this thread