Help with my 1/8 mile times.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
First off some of my mods. 2.3 Whipple making 17-18#’s, e-85, SRA with 3:73’s, UPR upper lowers, Eibach pro springs. Car made 660’s at Fastlane. ET drags 28x10.50x15 stiff walls, skinny’s up front on weld v- series.

Track is around 2000 ft asl. Temps in 70’s in Virginia.

1st pass
1.75 60’
99.80 mph
4500 rpm launch on 12# air

2nd pass
1.68 60’
100.40 mph
4900 launch on 12# air

3rd pass
1.68 60’
100.76 mph
5500 launch on 12# air

This seems like a crappy 60’ time and a pathetic et. I know the suspension is not track friendly but I figured my times would be better. Any advice before I head out this Friday for the last track day of the year? I was thinking about running 10-10.5 # of air and launching at 6500 rpm? I want to cut at least a 1.5 60’ and run a 6.xx et before I do suspension work this winter. Everyone says I’m driving the piss out of it but i feel like it has a lot more in it. Sorry for the long post.

Soap

Established Member
I always ran 10.5 psi hot in those tires. Was running mid 10's @ 130 (1.4x short times) with just ported Eaton. Those rear springs are not helping you. What shocks do you have?

Do you powershift (never lift your right foot)?

--Joe

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Rear has Tokiko shocks (blue color). Front still has stock Bilstein’s. I leave off a 2 step and never lift. I have a Steeda shifter and the throws are little long in my opinion. Shifter is coming out after this season. I just feel the 60’s suck and my times should be a 6.80-6.90. I know the elevation isn’t the best. The track is preynice. All concrete and hooks decent. It will slightly bog with a 4500 rpm launch.

Soap

Established Member
Leave the 2 step alone for now and figure out how to get the car to work first. Then once the suspension is working then start playing with the 2 step.

Got any video from the track?

--Joe

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I have one video but it sucks. My cousin for some reason hit slow mo as soon as I did a burnout. Only other one is from in car, 4500 launch with a slight bog.

I think I’m going to drop air pressure to 10-10.5 and see how it goes. I really don’t know what else to do other than losing the sway bar up front? Any ideas suggestions greatly appreciated.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I didn’t get to ice it. Was in a hurry to get there. They used to sell ice but now they don’t. I had about 30-45 minutes between runs. I plan to ice it this time though.

Apex & soap would you be willing to share your suspension setups? Just trying to get my car to work. Apparently you two have figured it out and I don’t want to waste money on parts that aren’t going to work.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I don’t have much experience with an SRA so I can’t be much help with suspension suggestions. Removing the front sway bar will remove weight off the nose of the car and help transfer the weight to the rear. Also crank that boost up! 18lbs is pretty conservative for e85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Soap

Established Member
I think I’m going to drop air pressure to 10-10.5 and see how it goes. I really don’t know what else to do other than losing the sway bar up front? Any ideas suggestions greatly appreciated.

If you don't have adjustable suspension then there isn't much you can do. Most everyone with good working suspension has lots of adjustability (SA/DA shocks and struts, coilovers, DA control arms, ARB).

You can also scale the car to get your corner weights decent by moving weight around.

--Joe

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I appreciate the help. I guess I will go have fun and hope cooler weather nets me a 6.9 run. Over the winter I will get serious and put a suspension together that works for next season. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread