Help with sump return system!

blakef925

Established Member
I am piecing together the parts for my sump system in my 97. I already have:

-Tank with welded in sump (-10an and -8an, going to cap one of them)
-Magnafuel Protuner 625 Pump
-Aeromotive pre and post filters

*I am planning on running a -8an feed and 6an return if i can get by. Will this be enough to support 700ish hp?

* Does anybody make a cap to cap on of my lines coming from the sending unit assembly? I am going to use one for my return line with a russell fitting to hook to the stock 5/16" end on the sending unit, but i'll need to cap the other if i do this. Or is there a better way to return the fuel and keep the stock sending unit?

* Need hose recommendations. Thinking of trying the summit teflon coated braided line since it's so much cheaper than aeroquip, etc. Anybody used it? If not, what should i go with?

Thanks!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yes, a -8an feed and -6an will support 700rwhp.

Also, do not use cheap hoses and fittings. You'll get fuel weep and your car and garage will stink like gasoline.

blakef925

Established Member
Yes, a -8an feed and -6an will support 700rwhp.

Also, do not use cheap hoses and fittings. You'll get fuel weep and your car and garage will stink like gasoline.

Ok. I have read that braided hose weeps but what about the Teflon lined hose? That's the stuff that's not supposed to, correct?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
my fragola lines weep like a mofo. pretty sure you can weld a cap on the sending unit if you need it. you should just be running your return line back to the sump. how many ports are on your sump?

blakef925

Established Member
my fragola lines weep like a mofo. pretty sure you can weld a cap on the sending unit if you need it. you should just be running your return line back to the sump. how many ports are on your sump?

2 ports. I have just heard back and forth on running the return back to the sump. That's what I planned then heard not to

blakef925

Established Member
So I should be ok running my return to the other port on my sump? No aeration issues or anything?

blakef925

Established Member
that's what it's for homie. when you coming up to the garage to hang out?

That's what I thought, and the company I ordered it from said not to use it for the return. Hell who knows. But i'd like to ride up sometime in the next week or so man.

Users who are viewing this thread