Help with WTH button indentification

Vert

Established Member
I finally located a Mustang, but at the headlight switch it has a button and what looks like an led light. I can't figure out what it is for nor does the dealer have a clue. I thought aftermarket alarm or ????
Any ideas.
.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
looks to me like an LED for an alarm and the button is how you disarm the alarm if it goes off and you dont have your keyfob handy although mounting it in plain site would be idiotic.

does that light blink when you lock the car or when you push the button?

Vert

Established Member
I have not bought the car yet nor test drove it since it is 220 miles away. Trying to get an idea on it before I make the trip and if it was for NOS then I won't even bother looking at it. I thought it might be a line lock, but the car is an auto.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have not bought the car yet nor test drove it since it is 220 miles away. Trying to get an idea on it before I make the trip and if it was for NOS then I won't even bother looking at it. I thought it might be a line lock, but the car is an auto.

plenty of autos have a line lock, had one in my lightning to save the rear brakes

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I wouldn't think someone would put a line lock way over there by the headlight switch though. I'm going to second the aftermarket alarm idea. Probably the valet switch and LED for arming.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
As stated, the dealer needs to figure it out (follow the wires)... That's a pretty lazy dealer

Vert

Established Member
I think I am going to take a day off and drive up and look at it. I trust my decision over a dealers any day. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread