Help!!!

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
Got my 2.75 rr pulley installed on my eaton and now the pulley is putting to much stress on the snout and will not turn..:mj: any one ever had this problem with any pulley install? Any Help?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
On my first pulley swap years ago I did put the pulley on backwards. ooppss!

How did that 130mph pass feel last week?????

Juruense

Banned
I need HELP!!!

23 minutes later: IS NO ONE GOING TO HELP ME!!!

And then where did he go? WTF over?

dougwg

Established Member
"2003 Oxford White Cobra"

I'm betting on it's an early run car. Some of the early run cars had core shift on the casting of the blower snout. I bet the inside of the pulley is rubbing on the snout.

You will need to remove the blower pulley and file or grind some of the material away to obtain clearance.

I have posted about this in the past including a picture showing what I mean. I'll see if I can find it.

*EDIT* found it

------------------------------------------------------

Here we have another issue of variances in the "MASS PRODUCED EATON SUPERCHARGER".

Core shift of the Snout Casting....

You have a Torch Red which is an "Early Run" car. Core shift was an issue with many of the early run Cobras.

Here are 3 pictures to show everyone what I mean by Core shift:

What happens is when they pickup the Zero's (X, Y, Z) before they start machining, they are off a little. This results in there being more (thicker) material on one side of the snout then the other. If you look at your S/C I'm positive this is what you'll find. This is one of the reasons you see the snouts of some other cast S/C's that have been machined around the outside to insure clearance.( Ford GT, GT500... etc...)

I hope I have explained it well enough...

Now, What do we do to Fix this?.... We must remove the excess material, with a file, a grinder, or by any other means at our disposal.

1. Look at the snout and determine where the extra material is.
  2. Remove the pulley ring from the hub.
  3. Install the hub.
  4. Slide the pulley onto the hub and mark how far the pulley goes over the snout by using a piece of tape on the snout.
  5. Break out the file or whatever you will be using to remove the excess material and start working. Please refer to the 3rd picture above.
  6. Test fit the pulley and make sure there is not contact between the snout casting and the inside of the pulley.
  7. With the pulley on the hub, install the screws and snug them up.
  8. *TEST* rotate the pulley and check for rubbing again. Remove material as needed.
  9. Tighten the screws.
  10. *TEST* rotate the pulley and check for rubbing again. Remove material as needed.
Repeat steps 5-10 until the pulley spins freely with NO RUBBING!

With all the pulleys I have installed I have had to do this to 3 Cobras.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or would like me to elaborate further, please don't hesitate to call. ( I have a doctor's appointment today and won't be in the shop till after 11:30am)

313-388-8228 :)

Last edited:

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
sorry about the late reply. Ya it was pressed on to far. just a lil pull out and everything was ok. guess gotta learn some time.

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
LOL at waiting 20 minutes before wondering if anyone was going to help. Glad it turned out man. You going to have it tuned now?

Users who are viewing this thread