Hemi State Trooper Charger vs Sport Bike

89TTA

Established Member
i'm quite willing to bet I'm older than you dumbass and the story is exactly as described: a STORY. IF the vehicles could pilot themselves, you'd be laughing at the thought of a POS charger running with a couple POSSIBLE liter bikes but most likely 600's. Throw in human error and who knows what is possible but you'd have to be Stephen Hawking on a race replica to suck that bad at riding. You're a misinformed jackass. case closed.

Dear lord, are you really that stupid, seriously? I will say it again.................RIF. Can you comprehend anything? F'in kids.

blackvette101

Established Member
lmao i've personally seen my buddy in a bolt on 300 SRT8 destroy an undercover charger like he was standing still. (undercover chargers have K&N intakes and diablosport tunes where i live here) Yet that same 300 got walked on 4 cars by an 01 cbr600 thats was used out with like 50,000 miles and it was the riders first race. A much faster bike that already has a huge jump vs a mid 14 second charger. They have similar top speed but the bike will be 10 miles ahead by the time they reach equal speeds. Sounds like a fish story or the bikes were all missing spark plugs or they all had ninja 250's that look like 600's. It seems like every forum is filled with god bikers that have so much skills that they put stock 600's in the 9's. But in reality every 600 ive seen on the street runs with 118-122 trap cars. And realistically a charger with all that extra police stuff is not going to break 100 mph in the quarter and it only gets worse from there. So even if they started at the same speed and honked it off a bike would still put 20+ cars on a police charger.

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
08 charger rt vs 96 cbr 600 - YouTube

thats pretty much how it would look except that the bikes would have a head start in the other scenario. thats a 96 with less hp and technology so an 06 will pretty much be the same speed with a rider. Most cops i talk to seem to think there cars (crown vic or charger) can outrun ferraris and bugattis so the story doesn't suprise me.

Last edited:

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
You do realize a tuned SRT8 can hit 180 right? Stock the limiter is 173 and it will do every bit of that :whine:

Have you ever done 180 mph? I would bet not.

Can you find one video online of a Charger going 180 mph on the street? Let's make a wager. You find a video of such a stupid ****ing thing, post it in this thread... i'll paypal you $100.

SneakyPete

Banned
This story is complete bullshit.

THANK YOU! someone with a fast car that has raced liter bikes chiming in. Your car is around 700whp I think I was reading in the other thread and you're not running away from liter bikes left and right. It's a race for you. So explain to me how a nearly 5k lb police cruiser w/ around 3xxwhp is running with AND passing them? :rollseyes

I think the real problem here is ignorance. Most of these guys haven't a clue what a sportbike is capable of. Least of all 89TTA,:loser:. Good luck running down liter bikes in your Goat dude. Isn't your car company defunct now? :burn:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
There are a lot of factors that police have on there side. Helicopters radio and good handling. They do not have speed. A hemi can run down most everyday car but they can't **** with bikes in their wildest dreams. If corners come up the odds get favorable to the cops they can take corners alot faster then. Bikes can. A 1000 would be the prime choice because it is both extremely fast and decent cornering. Put a straight in front of it and a cop behind it and the cop can forget it unless he has support ahead which won't do much or a helicopter.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Funny, All I saw in that video was an idiot who kept letting the cop get so close that he was able to read his license plate number. In the entire video the bike NEVER actually got away from the same cruiser! Even on the highway straights the cop was able to keep a high enough speed to successfully tail the bike. Sorry, but that video didn't exactly prove much for the case of a 600 being so fast it can't even outrun a full-size four door sedan! A ZR1 Vette, Nissan GT-R, Porsche Turbo, or equivalent sportscar would have run that bike over on the roads they were running! :burn:

Shreddingrubber

Established Member
160 isn't that fast. Stock 2v GT's will go 150 without a problem.

My 2v hit 156 on the gps on my phone. I had a tail wind. At that speed the car is all over the road,handling is sketchy at best. I don't suggest trying it. Unless I tighten up my suspension I'll not be doing it again.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
I did an indicated 140mph in my '01 GT, basic bolt-ons and the Eibach Pro-kit package (springs/shocks/struts/swaybars). The car was tracking fine, but I wouldn't do it again. 142mph (indicated) in my S2000 felt way more stable, and the 120mph curve I had to take was effortless.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member

03kevo

Established Member
When i had my Honda CBR600RR, I put my friends SRT8 Charger in my rear view mirror so far behind, took him i while to catch up after i killed the run. So yes, no police charger will keep up with liter bikes. PERIOD!

89TTA

Established Member
THANK YOU! someone with a fast car that has raced liter bikes chiming in. Your car is around 700whp I think I was reading in the other thread and you're not running away from liter bikes left and right. It's a race for you. So explain to me how a nearly 5k lb police cruiser w/ around 3xxwhp is running with AND passing them? :rollseyes

I think the real problem here is ignorance. Most of these guys haven't a clue what a sportbike is capable of. Least of all 89TTA,:loser:. Good luck running down liter bikes in your Goat dude. Isn't your car company defunct now? :burn:

You are clearly the most clueless person I have ever seen post the same shit over and over. How many times do I have to say RIF?????????? Can you comprehend anything that is explained to you, seriously? Listen up dumbass.............I NEVER SAID IT WAS FASTER THAN A BIKE.

Why would I care about running down a bike? How old are you anyway and do you actually have a performance car? My car collection is worth more than your trailer. :beer:
IMG_0350.jpg

89TTA

Established Member
Off-topic, what front bumper is that 89TTA? Looks good enough to be factory.

That's part of the factory Sport Appearance Package (SAP). It included the front bumper, rear bumper cover,side rockers, exhaust and rear spoiler, which I don't have. Pretty limited and I think it completely changed the look.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
since were discussing it that SAP pkg. is beautiful.

a skilled rider will dust any cop car. but that isn't always the case.

Users who are viewing this thread