Here she is!

MattACK

Established Member
So I picked it up Monday. The dealer gave me 2700 for my trade in 2004 wrx that had a good bit of body damage, I was pretty happy about that. So anyway... drove home in the new/old car. The interior is immaculate... steering wheel looks like it has never been used, CD changer in the dash still works! Shitty thing happened on my way home though, almost 9pm and this Fiat kicked up half a tire-tread that was laying in the fast lane, luckily it hit the ground in front of me, I tried to swerve but there was a car next to me, it knocked out my driver side foglight bezel, cracked the bumper cover, and left some marks on the wheels. Side of the car is fine luckily and no leaks.

ALSO... norovirus began hitting me pretty hard while I was at the dealership. I threw up once before I left the house, felt great afterwords so I jumped in the car to head up to the dealer. Threw up a few more times while I was there, felt like I was hit by a train, friggin aweful day.

Silver lining is that a trans-am pulled up next to me on the highway and honked it off at 50mph. I left it in third and pulled on him the whole way through 4th. Not by much, he was on my bumper when I let off. He didn't sound stock at all, but I got to say I was very impressed with the power of this car being stock. Its a blast to drive on the street. I'm am torn between modding it and leaving it stock though. Should I do exhaust and intake... should I not and keep it stock since there are so few nowadays.

What do you think? Mod or not to Mod?

temporary_zpse6859fac.jpg

Sitting next to its big brother...
temporary_zps3264f133.jpg

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
Definitely do the exhaust at least. Those things have such a great sound to them. I always say mod but that's just me. :).

Congrats! Hope you are feeling better.

MattACK

Established Member
Thanks guys... yeah I still have the lightning. No way I'll ever be able to get rid of it.

My old cobra had longtubes and catless bassani exhaust... boy did that thing scream! Need to start saving some money now for mods. I'll probably just start with a steeda tri-ax and small easy stuff for now that is inconspicuous. I kind of like the idea that you never really see a completely stock cobra anywhere, and some of the coolest cars at car shows are the super clean bone stock ones... I don't know. Still kicking it around.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Awesome find, Matt! Congrats! Hopefully it's not cursed though haha.... getting sick, throwing up while looking at it, getting a tire kicked up at you..... uh-oh. You need to name her, Christine.

Bring her out this Sunday, weather is supposed to be PERFECT - Sunny and 75 degrees! Celebrate the new car and the new wife with some fellow SVT friends! We'll throw up a toast to you at lunch.

As far as mods, I'd go with just the simplest ones to keep it "stockish" if that's what you're going for and that way it'll still be reliable for many more miles! Just IMHO.

Shhhh

Established Member
Looks good :beer:
Does it have the supercharger pulley cover still on it?
I can understand a clean stock Cobra but you could home port the Eaton,inlet and TB. Throw on a 2.8 upper, tune and call it a day. Wont even need a KB Bap with those mods.

Last edited:

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
Have you thought about the MGW or the Barton over the Tri-ax? I've just heard more positive reviews on the MGW than the Tri-ax. Hear good things about the Barton shifter too. I checked it out at Mustang week and liked it...if course it was in a 2013 GT500 so it could have just been the car. Wen I get the time off of work during hours they are open, I'll eventually get the MGW.

If you come down to the shop MGW will actually install for free and then we go all hit Jackson and see how it runs. :)

Oh I have parts for that year if you need something let me know. I have a complete drag setup...nothing sweet traction like Mickey Thompsons.

MattACK

Established Member
Yeah it still has the pulley cover on it. I did a home port on my old cobra and noticed a seat of the pants difference and will definitely consider doing it to this one. It was only a outlet port, didn't touch the inlet at all. I may even see what improvements they would net on a stock car. Would be interesting to see.

What you got JV? I had the tri-ax in the old car, but always heard great things about MGW. Where are they at? Anyone local have one in their car I can check out?

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Congrats on the RedFire. :beer:

+1 on the MGW shifter, its a solid piece. I'm in Duluth during the week and Dacula on the weekends if you want to see mine.

With those miles I'd say mod it and don't look back. There will always be some geezer with a 10k mile bone stock car coming out of the woodwork.

woodrow5.0

Established Member
nice car man,i saw one at Kurgans shop that they did a pulley and tune on and re installed the pulley cover on the blower to keep it looking completely stock and i loved it.

MattACK

Established Member
Yesterday I picked up a new bumper cover for $145, fogs for $65, and a new bezel from Late Model Resto. $400 more later and It should be right as rain.

Car drives like a dream though!

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Yesterday I picked up a new bumper cover for $145, fogs for $65, and a new bezel from Late Model Resto. $400 more later and It should be right as rain.

Car drives like a dream though!

Where are you having it painted? I had my Mach1 front and rear bumpers resprayed at the Gwinnett Place Honda/Chevy body shop and it was factory quality and a spot on match. I want to say it was about $330 with me bringing them the bumper.

Another option is http://www.316collisioncenter.com in Winder. I saw a couple of Mustangs at a show with their windshield banner and talked to the guys for a while.

MattACK

Established Member
Where are you having it painted? I had my Mach1 front and rear bumpers resprayed at the Gwinnett Place Honda/Chevy body shop and it was factory quality and a spot on match. I want to say it was about $330 with me bringing them the bumper.

Another option is http://www.316collisioncenter.com in Winder. I saw a couple of Mustangs at a show with their windshield banner and talked to the guys for a while.

Nichols body shop in flowery branch. They have done some work before on my evo and it turned out really well. This is a raw black bumper, so I can only assume it'll take a fair amount of primer and paint. This is for R&R also, so it'll need some hardware too. All that being said, is $430 too much?

Zemedici

Established Member
Matt, PM me. I'm getting a new front bumper put on tomorrow, with a BUNCH of other bits, for less than you're paying. I work out in Marietta.

Users who are viewing this thread