Hey Wiz

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yea that feeling must suck. In the old saleen that was the feeling we had every second lol.....And now with the 3:73 gears, i dont think the stock clutch is gonna hold up.

C Weil

Established Member
Clutch isn't usually the thing that's giving unless its old or adjusted improperly, even if it's a crappy clutch.

Wait, I just realized, did you get the Centerforce dual friction or twin disk? I thought I read twin disk, but I think i just realized you got the dual friction (the one that's not a thousand dollars). That may not be enough clutch for that car...those suck. I thought you got the twin disk for some reason, which is a killer clutch. The dual friction uses the stock friction material, which doesn't grab any harder than a stock one. Should be alright for a while, though.

The nittos will definitely be the limiting factor always, though. It's tough to get enough tire under most cars short of world-class suspensions and slicks.

It'll be badass when it's done, for sure. The 3.73s with the blower will be a lot of fun!

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yea im not gonna lie, just got on the gas and theres a big difference. 1st is really insane. :rolling:

Last edited:

C Weil

Established Member
Did you just install the gears? Make sure to break them in! I thought I did properly, but mine are whining now. I don't care, because I'm going to rip them out anyway, but still, it's no good.

Hey, what're you doing with your 3.27s?

Joe5.0

Established Member
Gears got installed last friday. ive put about 100 miles on em. We just got on the gas a little bit today but no more. 400 more miles then we have to change the rear end oil (to a specific posi traction oil). The guy said baby them for 500 miles. So is that a good break in?

3.27s are in the garage.

C Weil

Established Member
You need to heat cycle the gears. That's proper break in...just babying them won't do it.

Who installed them?? Just curious. Call them up and ask how to heat cycle them, or do a search on corral.net because it's been discussed there before. Heat cycling is how you break in rear end gears and brake rotors.

Want to get rid of your 3.27s? :)

C Weil

Established Member
Ha! Ok, not a chance. Thanks though. :)

I'll just pick some up from Brad's. I can get them for like $20 or less. Just wanted to help a guy out first though!

Joe5.0

Established Member
wo wo wo. Hold on a sec here. These gears are Brand new for 189$.

I have 3k Miles on these so i would have thought 100$ was a very good Price.

I aint selling them for no 20$.

C Weil

Established Member
Yep, but they're stock gears out of hundreds of thousands of mustangs. Nobody wants them...supply and demand in action. If someone pays more than $25 for them, they're out of their mind.

It's cool, no hard feelings. Just wanted to see if I could help a friend out. :)

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
Yep, but they're stock gears out of hundreds of thousands of mustangs. Nobody wants them...supply and demand in action. If someone pays more than $25 for them, they're out of their mind.

It's cool, no hard feelings. Just wanted to see if I could help a friend out. :)

I thought stock mustangs had 3:08 gears?

so why would Frpp sell 3:27 gears for 189$ then?

C Weil

Established Member
Nope, all newer Mustangs have 3.27s. Some 98 and before had 3.08s, but most didn't after 93. 3.27s are stock for almost everything.

Why do they sell them for that much? Because they can. You don't see too many people buying them, though, because they can get the take outs for cheap because nobody wants their stock 3.27s. Gave mine away for free!

They aren't worth squat because everyone has them, replaces them, and then can't give them away.

Users who are viewing this thread