Hi Tang Please Read!!

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Hi Tang Please Read!! I'll pay 65k if!!

The new Z06 is a friggin race car and I want one from Ford.

I'll pay 65k if!!

They will put the aluminum block back in the car with the dry sump setup preferrably, put the Whipple back on top with 10lbs. of boost stock complete with dual 39 lb hr injector setup per cylinder, setup the car with 3" exhaust, move the suspension to FR-500C Grand-Am specs keeping the solid axle, put a carbon fiber trunk lid, hood, and remove the unnecessary crap, also widen the rear fenders like Cheby did on the 07 Z06 so we can fit a little rubber on the car, and finally leave the snake on the car!

I mean is this too much to ask?

This will give us a great platform Hi Tang. This is what we need to take care of business on the road. A setup approaching this will make the 07 a world class muscle car that everyone would have to consider.

I mean hell Hi Tang you guys already have the R&D done on the block the dry sump and the dual injuctor manifold. The Whipple is necessary otherwise we have to send them in and get these blowers ported again, what a pain. 3inch exhaust make it stainless and pass the price on. With the suspension we know for a fact the FR 500C Grand Am can stomp BMW's and the likes complete with the solid axle. So set it up and lower the car accordingly PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I hope he reads this S***.

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
:beer: for cryin out loud, dont TELL him you'll pay 65 grand for this thing!! 65k + dealer markup= unobtainable 4 me.J/K!seriously though, an aluminum block option would be a nice touch. i miss those good ol days when you could add all sorts of upgraded options on your machine. they dont cater to you as individualy as they used to. most of the time now they make a car and you have to take what they give you, aside from colour. 03 cobra had what, 1 option? chrome wheels and i think wing delete? dont get me wrong, im not ragging on the 03 cobra.. but wouldn't it of been cool if you could of ordered it with say a cf hood, solid axle, 4.10's, etc. remember the drag pak option? i guess with the way mass production is handled nowadays, that just isnt reality anymore. i shouldnt bitch too much. cars are light years ahead of what they used to be.

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member
Yates...Man said:
The new Z06 is a friggin race car and I want one from Ford.

I'll pay 65k if!!

They will put the aluminum block back in the car with the dry sump setup preferrably, put the Whipple back on top with 10lbs. of boost stock complete with dual 39 lb hr injector setup per cylinder, setup the car with 3" exhaust, move the suspension to FR-500C Grand-Am specs keeping the solid axle, put a carbon fiber trunk lid, hood, and remove the unnecessary crap, also widen the rear fenders like Cheby did on the 07 Z06 so we can fit a little rubber on the car, and finally leave the snake on the car!

I mean is this too much to ask?

This will give us a great platform Hi Tang. This is what we need to take care of business on the road. A setup approaching this will make the 07 a world class muscle car that everyone would have to consider.

I mean hell Hi Tang you guys already have the R&D done on the block the dry sump and the dual injuctor manifold. The Whipple is necessary otherwise we have to send them in and get these blowers ported again, what a pain. 3inch exhaust make it stainless and pass the price on. With the suspension we know for a fact the FR 500C Grand Am can stomp BMW's and the likes complete with the solid axle. So set it up and lower the car accordingly PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I hope he reads this S***.
Sounds to me like you're describing the new GT500KRWould'nt that be something? :beer:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
$65K is too much... when a Z-06 is $68K!!!

$55K is probably more appropriate for the car you describe!

And I agree... whether a 2007 (2008 maybe) GT500KR or just the next version Cobra R... it makes good sense! ;)

Peace!

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Dave Schotz said:
$65K is too much... when a Z-06 is $68K!!!

$55K is probably more appropriate for the car you describe!

And I agree... whether a 2007 (2008 maybe) GT500KR or just the next version Cobra R... it makes good sense! ;)

Peace!

55 is fine with me!!

01L2Cobra

Banned
Yates...Man said:
With the suspension we know for a fact the FR 500C Grand Am can stomp BMW's and the likes complete with the solid axle.
It wasn't the suspension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the extra hp from a NON PRODUCTION ENGINE and RACING INTAKE that gave the FR500C an edge. The M3s were forced to run a production based 3.2L I6 and STOCK INTAKE. Hell Ford was the only competitor allowed to run a NON PRODUCTION ENGINE.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Terminator said:
Well call me a whiney IRS snob cause I would never pay 55k for a Mustang w/a SRA. Even with the GT spec engine.

We will! LOL :-D

The problem with a blanket statement of 'build it with IRS'... is, it's what makes up the IRS system that matters... If it's gonna be a POS like all the '01 - '04 Cobra IRS Systems... you are FAR BETTER off w/ a 'Race Inspired' SRA design... than a street, compromised IRS design! :xpl:

Be careful weighing to much into Mag/rag tests... the current mustang comes with 235's! LOL... I would love to see a GT Mustang... and a '00 R... with just 275/40/17's (same tire... same wheel)... my money would be on the '05+ car in every category except power! ;)

Peace!

01L2Cobra

Banned
Terminator said:
Well call me a whiney IRS snob cause I would never pay 55k for a Mustang w/a SRA. Even with the GT spec engine.
Same here especially since SVT said the prototype IRS was better than what they went with.

FormulaFord

Established Member
I will pay 65K for a Mustang if they..,

put a 650 horsepower powerplant in it
Gets 30 mpg
make the chassis from carbon fiber
have Carrol Shelby deliver it to me
free gas for 2 years
and a 25K cash rebate from Ford! :banana:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
The Mustang described above sounds a lot like the one many of us "go lighter" proponents have been asking for all along!!! Lower, lighter, sticker. Yes, bigger, tougher aluminum block please. IRS should be an option...be interesting to see how MM's new IRS works out on the new platform. Good IRS still better than a Good SRA on "real world" roads. (The argument about IRS weight is misleading...slightly more weight in the back of a nose-heavy car is not always a bad thing and it's unsprung weight we are talking about). And, how about the MM SLA? Weight upfront might be an issue though. To be honest, I don't think there is a prayers chance in hell that even a tweaked version of the new Mustang platform (much too heavy and tall) will ever compete with the new Z06 (all around that is...not just in a straight line). Two totally different approaches. By the way, what ever happened to the "Shelby" Cobra Roadster concept platform? Looks like it could/should be Ford's $50-60K Corvette/Viper. Probably can't afford to build it these days.

Users who are viewing this thread