Hiccup at 3k

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
When I am on the freeway doing 80MPH, I am rolling around 3k. I have noticed that when I maintain this particular speed for about 3-4 minutes, I get a hiccup in the car. It is small, but you can definitely feel it. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

50TRIMSRT4

Established Member
hahahah I get the same thing dont know what it is sounds like a fart or a burp. We prob need a tune or something who knows anyone?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
That is interesting. I do have a canned tune from SCT. I don't know that it has done it before the tune because I usually didn't run around at 3k with the stock gears before. I did the tune and gears at the same time.

cobrakiss

Established Member
Yeah my 99 does the same thing........I changed the plugs and the fuel filter and it still does it?.........I took it to the Ford dealer and they couldn't duplicate it on a road test so still haven't figured it out

SVT1012

Black on Black on Black
Established Member
My 99 does the same thing...never really thought much of it. I have experienced this in other vehicles too. (03 Dodge Cummins, 97 Trans Am, 02 Mustang GT) which were all MT's by the way. And no, those are not all my vehicles, but I have friends that own them...

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
mine does it too, i replaced the plugs cleaned the maf and i have a tune. I figured id put a blower on the car and see what happens..hopefully it blows it away

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Are you running A/C, Defrost, or floor and defrost at the time this happens? Could be the compressor cycle which is normal.

cobrakiss

Established Member
I've never used the a/c or the defrost.....it does feel almost exactly like that though when it happens?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Well, it only happens when I am maintaining 3k for a while. I will try the plugs soon.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
yea thats ****ed mine does too...i changed the plug and it continues..I personally blame the bush administration

Users who are viewing this thread