HID GUY - Crook, Low life and I will be very happy when he is out of business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only going to give you the long and short of it, since I'm not the only person who has ever had a bad experience with this Oscar, slime ball character.

Purchased a pair of 6k foglights back in Aug 2013 for my 03. In Nov of that year, started having issues with the driver side then passenger side. PM'd him through the feature on his site, since he has the most incompetent people answering the phone.

Told him about the constant issues I was having with his kit. Sometimes the driver fog would work then it wouldn't. Then the passenger side kit started showing the same symptoms.

He agreed via the pm feature on his site, to exchange his foglight kit for one of his 'high power' LED foglight kits. 90day warantty on the LED kit and figured, I'll take the risk and take a loss and go with the LEDs, because at this point I'm frustrated.

Now I told this joker, that it might be awhile before I send the kit in because of the deep freeze and constant snow. Good ole Oscar indicated that the 'timing wouldn't be an issue.

Sent the whole HID foglight kit at the end of March 2014 via UPS. Took 7 weeks before I even made contact with this clown. He never bothered to contact me, despite me including a copy of ALL the messages sent via PM to him and even provided him every form of contact means with me.

After being as patient as possible, I spoke with one of his employees named Brody and in fairness, he's an asset to this guy. Did the best he could to pacify me but ultimately passed the buck.

After emailing Oscar, this CROOK gave me some bullshit that the kit 'was in real bad shape.' I guess Oscar from HID considers foglight ballasts and harness with some dirt and debris, to be in 'real bad shape' yet there is no issue on his website with selling his kit to people in the North East who put his immaculate HID kit on their daily drivers.

The last time he contacted me was on 5/21/14 via email. He left it at, "I need 24-48hrs to make a decision on this case..."

This jackass has blown me off. He thinks he got away with this, but he's going to get handled.

BE VERY CAREFUL dealing with this CROOK. He doesn't honor his lifetime warranty and GOES BACK ON HIS WORD, when he agrees to do an exchange. He's not an honorable man and your money is spent better elsewhere.

I really did try giving this guy the beenfit of the doubt, but buyer be warned, if you have any issue with his kit, he'll just blow you off.

Oh and he'll give you the stupid bullshit excuse, "...we recently moved warehouses..." Like that is my problem.

HID GUY, OSCAR BEANER, you are a crook and I am going to be thrilled to see you go the route of RPMOutlet.

And I did forget to mention, how he still has my complete foglight kit and hasn't sent my items back nor has he indicated if he is going to.

This joker is a real class act.

milleniumgt

Established Member
I will def keep this article in mind... I'm getting ready to go after a set of heads and fogs for my 03 Cobra. Thanks for the heads up, are there any others out here that have been screwed over like this???

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, so what are you gonna do op? He still has your old stuff! I've thought about HID kits, but I rarely drive much at night.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
You're one of the smarter guys.

Going to see what my experience is with: http://www.carxenonhidkits.com/index.php?p=home

Post an Update when or if you use this vendor:
I'm tempted to order their Bi-xenon's> 10k HID w/ 55 watt upgrade [different vehicle though] & also 6k HID but w/ 35 watt

Seems to be a decent kit for $100.....

I've been wanting to try a 10k version for some time & see the look/color for myself......

Unfortunately fellas, at this point, not only has he ignored me and not responded to any emails but he also HAS NOT returned my 03-04 foglight kit which I sent him nor has he indicated that he would.

I'm simply going to let this go as a life lesson. There have been others over the years that have warned me about Oscar from HIDGUY and I simply chose to give him the benefit of the doubt. I chose wrongly.

I'm considering (2) other HID vendors with better reps and I will certainly be the first to bash any HIDGUY recommendation on this site, that I come across. He is not a man of his word and he is a crook and dishonorable businessman. Sadly, these are some of the kind of risks that are present in this type of transaction.

Please be careful dealing with this crook. All the email responses are polite and 'professional' until you actually make a warranty claim. And he doesn't honor his word, when it comes to agreeing to exchange a product for another. I didn't even have a problem taking a loss on this exchange, but he counted on several hours of time zone difference to shield him from needing to honor a warranty claim.

Screw him. I have worse words to use t describe this scoundrel.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I have spoke with Emerson from Last Call Racing, real good guy to talk to and very helpful. Also know a bunch of people that vouch for him and clubs that vouch for him and his business. Have not ordered from him myself yet, just figured I would add my two cents...sucks he is across the country though.

milleniumgt

Established Member
I'm sitting at my workstation right now, with my cart full on ddmtuning.com and then I read this... I'm gonna have to look into the other two that cobravortech mentioned... as I don't want to deal with similar bad situation that he has. There is also a guy on of the Facebook groups that I had a couple a guys direct me to... his name is Joey Diaz III and he is supposed to be really good with doing the retrofit upgrade to the 99-04 headlights. BUT he also has HID and LED kits for the heads and fogs. He has a page on fb called "Retrofit Joe". It may be something else you guys might be interested in.

milleniumgt

Established Member
My question to you guys is this... In a dual beam HID kit for the headlights, is there anything special involved or that is required for this kit to work???

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
That makes me nervous because I bought my HID headlight and foglights from Oscar years ago. They work fine and I'm hoping that continues.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
thanks for posting

Will never do business with them

On a side note, I don't understand why people still purchase HID's when LED's are a much better / superior technology. My feeling is in 2 - 3 years these HID's will be a thing of the past, replaced by LED's. I am subscribed to another thread where someone swapped----if the results are what I think they will be, I'll be doing the same.

sav03cobra

Established Member
I have spoke with Emerson from Last Call Racing, real good guy to talk to and very helpful. Also know a bunch of people that vouch for him and clubs that vouch for him and his business. Have not ordered from him myself yet, just figured I would add my two cents...sucks he is across the country though.

I have personally bought the Bi-Xenon Kit from Last call racing for my 03 cobra. Last Call racing is great for everything else but their HID kit. The HID kit doesnt come with directions and it is not a direct plug and play kit. I tried and had a few other people tried. They are not worth it. Do not waste your time ordering this kit.

Zemedici

Established Member
$100 for a hid kit?

Good god almight, I pay $35 for all my kits, lifetime warranty.

Damn, so what are you gonna do op? He still has your old stuff! I've thought about HID kits, but I rarely drive much at night.

I'm exploring some options.

Post an Update when or if you use this vendor:
I'm tempted to order their Bi-xenon's> 10k HID w/ 55 watt upgrade [different vehicle though] & also 6k HID but w/ 35 watt

Seems to be a decent kit for $100.....

I've been wanting to try a 10k version for some time & see the look/color for myself......

Will do if I settle on their kit.

Thanks for your input my friend.

That makes me nervous because I bought my HID headlight and foglights from Oscar years ago. They work fine and I'm hoping that continues.

Hopefully your kit lasts the lifetime of the car and if you do have issues, I hope you have a different experience.

I have personally bought the Bi-Xenon Kit from Last call racing for my 03 cobra. Last Call racing is great for everything else but their HID kit. The HID kit doesnt come with directions and it is not a direct plug and play kit. I tried and had a few other people tried. They are not worth it. Do not waste your time ordering this kit.

Thanks for your input about them. That's got me ready to cross them off the list.

$100 for a hid kit?

Good god almight, I pay $35 for all my kits, lifetime warranty.

Do you have those merchant names so I can look their kit up on Ebay?

Not that there is going to be much done by them, but filed a complaint with the BBB.

This Oscar crook is something. I needed some additional information from my account on HID Guy's site and he deleted my account, along with all the messages we exchanged via the PM feature on his site where he agreed to exchange my foglight kit for his 90 day warranty LED foglight bulbs. All I have left is his final email from may 2014 where he stated that "he needed 24-48hrs to look into this further..."

That's the last I heard from him. I've called 5 times since and I get the voicemail and I leave messages and no one calls back.

That's what happens I guess, when you know you can get away with stealing people's stuff.

We'll see about that Oscar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread