HIDGUY foglight kit issue with a solid connection?

Ok so here's the long & short of it.

Not necessarily going to surmise that its HIDGUY's fault on this one, but curious if others have had my experience and what recourse they took.

I have HIDGUY's HID kit for my foglights (6k) on my 03 Cobra.

I keep having an issue every 3-4 weeks on my driver side.

The bulb stops lighting up and it continues to be an issue. It seems that there is an issue with the HIDGUY pigtail connector end, making a solid hold with my oem pigtail connector end.

What I mean is...I have to wrap it as tight as possible with friction tape to keep the connection intact. Haven't run into this problem on the driver side.

In order to dismiss it being a ballast issue, I of course remove all the tape and play with the connection end to make sure I don't have a failed ballast.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thankfully 50Resto sells the foglight pigtail connections for $10.99. But its a PITA to get in that foglight cave to handle this.

Anyone else have an issue with either side holding the current?

Its just so aggravating to have to jack up the car every 3-4 weeks, to re-wrap the connection, hoping that its going to hold. And its the same damn side every time.

I'm going to wrap that end with gorilla tape tomorrow. I'm out of ideas, short of just putting in a new pigtail connector on the Ford end.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Seen a lot of issues with their stuff and heard the warranty situation is crappy at best. My cheap ebay junk fogs have been kicking for 6 years now. Good luck, I try to warn all before I seem them interested in purchasing HID Guy or DDM products.

Its a frustrating matter for sure. Just wished their connection end, would sit flush with the foglight pigtail end. Its only been that driver side issue though, which just aggravates me beyond belief. I just wish this HID vendors supplied a kit that 'bolts up' perfectly.

Worst case scenario I'[m going to install a new foglight pigtail end to rectify this incredibly annoying problem...

I wrapped that connection today with electrical tape, like I was trying to choke out someone.

Took it for a test drive and picked the worst and bumpy roads. Foglight still on...so we'll see if this is a permanent fix. If not a new pigtail will be in order.

Users who are viewing this thread