High oil pressure on start up and while cold

pschwind

Established Member
In the last few times I drove my Cobra, I get a high oil pressure reading on startup and while cold, like 95psi+ even idling. It’s being read by PLX Device DM-6 gauge. As the car warms up the oil pressure drops slowly and typically reads 36-39psi at idle and cruising at 1700-1800 rpm I see 65-68psi typically.

My point is it never went as high as 95psi+ on a cold starts and while idling before. Once the car warms up, all pressures are about what I expect so I doubt the pressure sensor is bad. Car appears to run absolutely fine despite it all.

Anyone have ideas on what may be causing the issue or what I should look for?

Thanks in advance.

ctgreddy

Established Member
95+ on cold starts isn't a bad thing. Most recently I've seen a coyote with one of our engines that maxed out a 0-100psi gauge when cold. Once it got to operating temp pressures were mid 30's at idle. I dont see a problemt with yours being 95 and up. Your warm pressures sound great so I'd keep enjoying it

pschwind

Established Member
What were you checking it with before?
Always the PLX gauge. It caught my attention because the gauge lights turned red based on the high pressure. You can set limits on the gauge to trigger color based on readings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread