High pitch noise from blower motor.

slidai

Established Member
So this has been bugging me for a while. There is this high frequency sound coming from the blower motor once you turn past 2 on the speed. At full blast it's harder to hear because of all the air noise coming from the vents but on 3,4 and 5, it's very noticeable. I just don't want to deal with taking it in. Anyone else have this? Only one person I have had listen could hear it (a young lube tech) but these old guys can't hear anything (much less a high frequency noise).

slidai

Established Member
Still nothing on this ehh? Maybe the blower motor is bad if nobody is having this issue but me.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
are you sure it is not your vents? somethings depending on the angle, they will whistle.

slidai

Established Member
I checked. It doesn't matter what direction they are in or if its on floor, face, floor / face, defrost, vents all the way up, down, left, right and everywhere in between. The problem is finding someone that can hear it. It's 100% noticeable to me on speed 3. Anything below doesn't make the noise and anything above is drowned out by the vent noise. It's really annoying though.

ccd_1606

Established Member
Mine does the same thing. I can't figure it out. I can hear mine on the lowest setting if the engine isn't running. If it is running and the windows are up then I can't hear it till setting number 2.

slidai

Established Member
Mine does the same thing. I can't figure it out. I can hear mine on the lowest setting if the engine isn't running. If it is running and the windows are up then I can't hear it till setting number 2.

Hmm, I wonder if they all do but people just have bad hearing so they can't tell.

stewarts2008

Established Member
i had some really high frequency ringing one time.... i ended up rotating my CAI and making sure all of that was set, and it went away......

not sure what you have done to yours

GT915

Established Member
I just noticed this thread. Mine just started this and I guess I'm gonna have to take it in for warranty work. Dammit...this sounds like a real hassle and I don't wanna just leave it with them.

slidai

Established Member
I just noticed this thread. Mine just started this and I guess I'm gonna have to take it in for warranty work. Dammit...this sounds like a real hassle and I don't wanna just leave it with them.

That's exactly why I was asking. I'm a tech but I'm not paying for it if its under warranty. But I don't want them screwing with it either.

Users who are viewing this thread