• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Holley harness vs Ford Control Pack

Discussion in 'Coyote Series Engines' started by 1slowSVO, Aug 15, 2018.

1. 1slowSVO

1slowSVO New Member Established Member

I'll be swapping a Coyote into my 70 Torino this winter and it looks like my two options for the harness are the Ford control pack or the Holley harness. The Control Pack is $1600 and the Holley is $1900 plus $800 for the VVT control module. For a NA street car, is there any real benefit to spending the extra $1000 for the Holley kit? Or should I get the Ford Control Pack and spend that money elsewhere?

2. kenny nunez

kenny nunez New Member Established Member

I just finished installing the whole Coyote and Ford control kit in my 68 F-100. I think the Ford kit is all around better.
    I hope you realize what it will take to fit the Coyote in the Torino. You will have to convert to front steering and use a after market front clip and eliminate the shock towers.
    On my truck I cut the twin beams out and mounted a clip from a 04 Crown Victoria using brackets to set the engine back 2” and 1” up to clear the steering rack.

3. 1slowSVO

1slowSVO New Member Established Member

There's a company, RRS, that makes everything I need to swap a Coyote into a Torino. Shock tower notching kit, oil pan, mounts, and headers. Does the Ford Control Pack allow custom tunes?

4. KingBlack

KingBlack most liked on svtp Established Member

you can tune the frpp pack with sct or other handheld tuners