Holy crap! This guy was very lucky with this mountain lion!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Saw this yesterday. It is very close to where I live. I wouldn't go anywhere in the woods without my handgun.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I've had run ins with Cougars while coon hunting at night. Our 6 dogs treed one apparently (they were a ways out and we heard it "roar").

We got 1 dog back. And it's face was completely screwed including it's nose torn off.

I ALWAYS carry a gun when going out in the woods.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had run ins with Cougars while coon hunting at night. Our 6 dogs treed one apparently (they were a ways out and we heard it "roar").

We got 1 dog back. And it's face was completely screwed including it's nose torn off.

I ALWAYS carry a gun when going out in the woods.

holy shit, what kinda dogs?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
5 Blue Ticks and a Black and Tan. One Blue Tick made it back. It couldn't smell because of the nose thing, so it became a normal house pet. That was just over 20 years ago and I've never been coon hunting since. lol

cant say I blame ya there

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I don’t think you are familiar with the particular dogs I posted... That dog would put up more of a fight than the cat is willing to risk...

You have no idea what you're talking about

Fat Boss

Established Member
Damn that snake has been eating good! What a fatty!

I'm pretty sure it was pregnant. It was definitely a female. It met it's maker soon after this pic was taken. The snake and my buddy's dog were literally about 18 inches away from each other, with an open door to the house separating them...

Wow thats nutz! Just a bobcat!!! Thats a big ass bobcat wtf! Rattle snakes? OH HELL NO!!!!! Aint no rattle snakes here in Antartica unless they come with fur coats :D

Bobcats get to be 45 lbs. I'm pretty sure this one was 46! Funny, didn't see many squirrels last year.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I was hiking in San Jose a few years ago when we met a lion on a trail. These two chuckleheads thought it would be fun to chase the lion. Luckily they came back quickly, before the lion decided it was tired of running.

Anyone ever watch Mountain Men? One of the guys uses some pretty small dogs to chase lions off ranchers properties. Guy chases them up a tree, then stands there and bangs the tree with a stick until the cat jumps down and runs off. #bigballs

Mountain Men (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb

80-img950695_zpsyvvyeqoi_feb7ed7dea9aadb18275c60a9cff61dd4b4ffe78.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
5 Blue Ticks and a Black and Tan. One Blue Tick made it back. It couldn't smell because of the nose thing, so it became a normal house pet. That was just over 20 years ago and I've never been coon hunting since. lol

Where the Red Fern Grows II: Maximum Engagement

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely wouldn’t be caught out without firepower. At minimum, one of these would do...

View attachment 1667034

I went dog sledding in extreme northern MN and the the guide had a wolf get into his kennel and waste all of his dogs. They will bite them in the stomach and rip their guts out for the fun of it. So 1 wolf vs. 25 huskies is a fair fight. Mountain lions are known to prey on wolves FYI. My money would be on the cat.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You have no idea what you're talking about

Joke is on you, Bob... I bet you also think that what I posted is a pair of “pitbulls”. Lol.

I bet you don’t even understand what it is that I initially inferred.

Stick to middle school chat rooms, Bob.

I think he’s creating a hypothetical situation where a couple of those super dogs fight a mountain lion.

I’d also take the cat.

Not sure why he is trying to “put money on it”. No bets or statements of fact were ever made on my end. Lol.

I mean, if I had to bet on “top specimens” out of both (Dogo and Puma) on a 1 on 1 fight to the death in a cage, I’d also take the Puma. No argument there. Lol

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I mean, if I had to bet on “top specimens” out of both (Dogo and Puma) on a 1 on 1 fight to the death in a cage, I’d also take the Puma. No argument there. Lol

In the Animal Kingdom size wins. The paw on that cougar is the size of the dogs head.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I'm no expert but I don't think theres a dog breed on the planet that can handle a full grown mountain lion 1 on 1.

2 on 1 is a different story.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I went dog sledding in extreme northern MN and the the guide had a wolf get into his kennel and waste all of his dogs. They will bite them in the stomach and rip their guts out for the fun of it. So 1 wolf vs. 25 huskies is a fair fight. Mountain lions are known to prey on wolves FYI. My money would be on the cat.

well, good thing I’m not talking about a husky... lol

I’m also not talking about a 1 on 1 cage fight to death.

I’m talking about feeling pretty decent about going for a stroll down a trail with Dogo Argentino. I feel confident enough that this particular dog would make most Pumas second guess a full on attack. It be a big enough deterrent. A Puma would not want to risk serious injury just for a quick meal. They would likely pass onto an easier catch.

Dogos Argentinos have actually been able to fend off and kill mountain lions.

These aren’t your neighborhood pitbulls, German Shepard’s, rotties, or Huskies, bro.

Dogo Argentino is in a whole other league, skill and tenacity wise. It’s a NASTY dog. It also has a much stronger bite than that of a mountain lion.

In the Animal Kingdom size wins. The paw on that cougar is the size of the dogs head.

You are so wrong. That’s not always the case.

I'm no expert but I don't think theres a dog breed on the planet that can handle a full grown mountain lion 1 on 1.

2 on 1 is a different story.

On a cage fight to the death, I’d side with your statement. But if we are talking about out on the wild, where the cat gets to choose whether he goes full retard or passes for a better meal, I’d say that the Dogo Argentino and Kangal would be enough of a fight for the puma to make it decide to fight to the death.

A puma does not want to fight to the death or risk serious injury. They want an easy to moderate score... So that they can live and move on to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread