Holy crap! This guy was very lucky with this mountain lion!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I just watched this video on Fox News. He was doing a run on a mountain path when he encountered some mountain lion cubs, although he didn't know what they really were when he first saw them. Next thing he knows, mother mountain lion starts to follow/stalk and lunge at him several times. He had to walk backwards for about 6 minutes (6 minutes of terror) before he threw a rock at mom and she finally ran off. Scary video!!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife sent this to me. It is amazing to me that the first instinct of the guy in this situation was to whip out his phone and record his certain death. I would be throwing rocks to scare it and would grab a softball sized rock to crack its skull if it attacked.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I was shocked that it didn't leave him alone when he said, "please." :rolleyes:

Sometimes I put a game camera in my backyard. This is 50 feet behind my house.

80-big_cat_1_da5bdae4911dd729ffb9912ed6b13f5e419ff3d0.jpg

80-big_cat_2_c7fe87f7536591b422b76f7b9d761b6c523b4191.jpg

80-big_bob_may_30_2019_noon_9c48e6310d8a30b1c14ae549b25233a28bb2be2a.jpg

80-poor_fluffy_a2a96a124d8e1139e05caa63c605fe7f51bda91c.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My wife sent this to me. It is amazing to me that the first instinct of the guy in this situation was to whip out his phone and record his certain death. I would be throwing rocks to scare it and would grab a softball sized rock to crack its skull if it attacked.

Exactly, the guy is out in the back country when he encountered this apex predator and the first thought was gee I outta film this cougar eating my face...You definitely need a carry gun out in that kinda country...personally would carry a 10mm G29 with full house loads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Exactly, the guy is out in the back country when he encountered this apex predator and the first thought was gee I outta film this cougar eating my face...You definitely need a carry gun out in that kinda country...personally would carry a 10mm G29 with full house loads.
He did say, at one point, that he wished he had his gun, so I assume he has one but didn't think he'd need it. If that was his thinking, it could have been a deadly mistake.

I was surprised how far the cat tracked him. I figured that once he had retreated far enough (out of sight of the cubs) that she would have turned around and went back to them. If he hadn't thrown the rock I wonder how much farther she would have followed him.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
There are tons of cougars out here in suburbia in Nevada...they prowl the grocery store and Starbucks but most of them have had tons of plastic surgery. Oh! We're talking about cougars as in mountain lions?!?!?! Yeah, we have those too. LOL

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There are tons of cougars out here in suburbia in Nevada...they prowl the grocery store and Starbucks but most of them have had tons of plastic surgery. Oh! We're talking about cougars as in mountain lions?!?!?! Yeah, we have those too. LOL

The former is far more dangerous than the mountain lions!

MG0h3

Established Member
We’ve been out tracking aliens through the mountains and had the helo or remote video surveillance guys tell us that a mountain lion is tracking us. We just keep going and tell them to advise if it starts closing in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Mannnn,....that dude is lucky he didn't die. Holy crap!!
I know I'm playing Monday morning quarterback, but why not pick up some rocks and chuck them at the kitty?

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I have heard the quote that you will never see a mountain lion before it attacks. If they want you dead you will never know what hit you before it happens.

I've heard the same.

I once saw data that showed that Cougars are very selective in their hunting too. There have been reports of a solitary person, 1 adult with a child, and 2 adult women being attacked but never a male and female adult or two adult males. It's been awhile so I don't remember the source or if it is still accurate.

Interesting either way.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
We’ve been out tracking aliens through the mountains and had the helo or remote video surveillance guys tell us that a mountain lion is tracking us. We just keep going and tell them to advise if it starts closing in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Wow, first thought was "this dude has completely lost his mind" then I remembered oh THOOOOOSE Aliens. Thought you were tracking lil green men.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Users who are viewing this thread