Holy hell mac book's are expensive

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
My friend just got a full loaded 17 inch mac book pro. Price... $3050!!!!!

Seriously this is how much you guys pay for computers?... thats 250% more expensive then a PC I just configured with the exact same spics...

Who would pay that?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
he must have added every option because they start at about 1200...which is still alot lol

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Seriously this is how much you guys pay for computers?... thats 250% more expensive then a PC I just configured with the exact same spics...

Who would pay that?

thats-racist.gif

Planter

Banned

Who would pay that?

you get what you pay for when you buy a PC :bored:

a piece of shit that gives you error message after error message, is usually loaded with a bunch of bloatware you don't want or don't need, and of which usually consists of junk software that eats up your system resources and bogs your system and the performance of the computer down.

pc's with winblows are less stable than a mac with Mac OS.

it depreciates so ridiculously fast, if you had to sell it, you'd be fortunate to get a fraction of what you paid for it.

you want the good shit? it's worth it to pay it to me. Getting ready to sponge for a macbook pro here before long, going with either the i5 or i7, but i dont think i'm going to buy brand new, think I'm going to find a fairly new one but that's used, and save a few hundred bucks.

Planter

Banned
Dude youve already been decimated in your own thread, you really wanna go down that road again?

i haven't been decimated. i can't help the majority of you are ignorant and too cheap to pony up for a quality computer and instead choose to piss your money down the toilet on a cheap unreliable, unstable piece of crap. :shrug:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
i haven't been decimated. i can't help the majority of you are ignorant and too cheap to pony up for a quality computer and instead choose to piss your money down the toilet on a cheap unreliable, unstable piece of crap. :shrug:

Interesting.

I've been using this DC8000 here at work since last January on the same W7 Pro image and have not had ONE crash. The only time I restart this machine is during a patch push. I also have all my personal machines on W7 which never had crashes or issues.

Now if you're still trying to talk about machines on XP then, well a 11 year old OS that isn't really supported now will have issues. I'm not quite sure why anyone outside of a large business would even run XP.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
way overpriced as is all their stuff.

but if youre an apple bot you'll sell your kidney's to get it

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Funny, I have cheap pc's and laptops still running reliably from 2004 on Win7 or XP SP3. Absolutely nothing special done to them other than fresh install of the OS and not from its own backup partition.

Lrn2pc and you wont fail as hard as you already have. Sure I like apple and this entire post is from my 3Gs, but damn, I dont like them that much to spend $1k more for a watered down kiddie-proof fisher price OS.

silvernewedge

Established Member
My four year old Macbook Pro is still much faster than my parents' one year old desktop pc, despite the fact that their computer has basically nothing stored on it and I am running some pretty hefty programs like Adobe CS5 and Alias Automotive.

There are Windows-based laptops out there that cost just as much FYI (Alienware comes to mind). I don't get into the whole "mac or windows sucks and the other one completely rules" arguments because it comes down to your application and preferences to decide which OS is better for you, but from personal experience unless you are a programmer or have business needs I think the mac is a vastly better system, especially out of the box. I will say that mac needs to upgrade their video cards and RAM in some of their most basic packages, though.

However, to all the guys on here that say "Mac sucks," ....it's a little amusing, since there's a very good chance that whatever car you are driving was created and developed by that company's design studio team partially on a mac.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Some people only believe what they want to. Ah well, isn't my money. At least they pay good money for a cool, glowing LED Apple logo....SHHHAAAWWEEEETTTT

This.

I like my XPS, which I paid $50. Because noobs dont know how to put a new HD. :lol:

RedFord96

Established Member
X1000
I got the gf a macbook air for Xmas... Got it for $920 no tax.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's about what I paid for mine two years ago using my student discount. Not that bad of a price for a laptop with decent specs that has worked trouble-free for me.

jrandy

Established Member
Are macs more expensive? I think that everyone knows the answer is yes. But it is personal preference Mac and Windows.

I have a macbook pro, and wouldn't have gone any other way. I got mine for $899 brand new 1.5 years ago.

And you can't hate on Apple for charging so much for their products. People will still buy no matter what the price is.

I use PC at work, but bring my Mac in to use as well and have converted half the office to Mac already.

Users who are viewing this thread