"Home Invasioner" Floyd Didnt DIE From A Knee.....

AssPikle

Established Member
IMO the defense has a hurdle to overcome. Yes George is a criminal and yes he swallowed drugs. However, this man was hand cuffed and held down for over 9 minutes. There was no reason, the officers couldn't of sat him up. 1 there was plenty of back up to make sure he didn't resist or run off. 2 he was in handcuffs, 3 they had already let him sit down prior to this point in the arrest. The officer have a duty to continue to change during the course of an arrest. And the officer did not appear to re-adjust. I dont think it will be a murder charge. But maybe manslaughter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Youre trying to rationalize what cops did in response to what they were dealing with prior to the video. I want to see the entire situation from beginning to end before i can say the cops were out of line.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
Actually not rationalizing at all. I am an ex Officer. And my training says that a reasonable officer would of stood up off his back. Sat him in a up right position. And then reassessed the situation. Use of force is a continuium. As an officer, you must be able to adapt to the situations. The main concern was his hands were cuffed. He is no longer a threat to life. They needed to figure out if George was playing game or serious about having trouble breathing. Instead of assuming and ending up with a dead subject on your watch.
Youre trying to rationalize what cops did in response to what they were dealing with prior to the video. I want to see the entire situation from beginning to end before i can say the cops were out of line.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member

You don’t understand use of force policy.

It’s a sliding scale.

What happened before doesn’t matter.

You use the appropriate amount of force at all times.

Just because a guy swings at you once, doesn’t mean you continue to pummel him once the threat stops.

9 minutes is a ****ing eternity. Had my knee on hundreds upon hundreds of backs. Secure the subject. Assess the situation. Catch your breath and secure gear. Wait for backup if needed.

Plus he was never even assaultive. Active resistant yes, but give me a break. Cuffed with 4 officers.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wckdvnm

Established Member

Guess they found the drug baggie at the scene along with some more information from today’s court day.

AssPikle

Established Member

It’s a sliding scale.

Just because a guy swings at you once, doesn’t mean you continue to pummel him once the threat stops.

9 minutes is a ****ing eternity. Had my knee on hundreds upon hundreds of backs. Secure the subject. Assess the situation. Catch your breath and secure gear. Wait for backup if needed.

Plus he was never even assaultive. Active resistant yes, but give me a break. Cuffed with 4 officers.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile

All im saying is i need to see the whole story before i say the cop killed the guy

Last edited:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
All im saying is i need to see the whole story before i say the cop killed the guy
I'm just curious, what part of the story have you not seen or think you are missing?

You got a statement from a member that I respect as much as dog poo on the street but agree with. In this day and age of social media it is hard to believe that after a year that there is something of significance that you are not aware of on this case. So again what is it that you're missing?

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member

I’m not saying the cop directly killed the guy either.

But this was probably a level worse than say, having a subject in the back of your unit. Person is saying they can’t breathe and then clearly goes unconscious and you do nothing.

AssPikle

Established Member
I'm just curious, what part of the story have you not seen or think you are missing?

You got a statement from a member that I respect as much as dog poo on the street but agree with. In this day and age of social media it is hard to believe that after a year that there is something of significance that you are not aware of on this case. So again what is it that you're missing?
I dont consider social media a good source of information. I also expect to see any and all pertinent facts flushed out in the hearing. Thats what im looking to see to make my assessment.

Social media is the number one issue we have in this country.

AssPikle

Established Member

It’s a sliding scale.

Youve clearly already made your decision on what happened. I havent seen anything other than the video afterword. If you have, please enlighten me.

Im waiting to see what the jury says based on what evidence is presented. Thats kinda what matters, at least to civil people.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I just heard that more people die each year from tazers than lateral neck restraint. Crazy.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I just heard that more people die each year from tazers than lateral neck restraint. Crazy.
Force a person to pass out, and get them restrained as they regain consciousness or voltage and current applied to our nervous system....

What's interesting is how someone who's just adrenalin dumped or on strong drugs like pcp are impervious to taser effects.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I dont consider social media a good source of information. I also expect to see any and all pertinent facts flushed out in the hearing. Thats what im looking to see to make my assessment.

Social media is the number one issue we have in this country.
While I'm not a fan of social media, the social media post of this incident is the number one reason and the largest piece of evidence of this case. You must be willing to accept reality when when it slaps you in the face

Users who are viewing this thread