Homemade Mojitos?

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Okay, first off I discovered last year that I love Mojitos. Unfortunately, I discovered this drink at a bar/restaurant.
Soon after this discovery, I moved across the country and cannot find a bar that serves a decent Mojito in the Tampa area.....

So this leads me to my next question...do any of you know how to make this drink at home?...I've looked up several recipes online...and most of the time I end up drinking a clear drink with some leaves floating around in it...that tastes like vodka and sugar water..and freshly cut grass.... :xpl:

Anybody succesully making Mojitos at home?

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
LOL...yes....I did use rum...I just said that it tasted like Vodka...and I only said it tasted like Vodka because I didn't want to say what it really tasted like....I would get banned from the forum.!!

Screamin'SVT

Banned
They serve them everwhere around here in PA.. when I make them at home I usually do:

3 mint sprigs
1.5 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
2 oz light rum
club soda

mango mojito is good too, I use Cruzan mango rum and 1/2 the lime juice as above, otherwise same recipe

usually tastes very similar to the ones from the bars / restaurants

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Hey bro, I discoverd this drink as well here in PalmHarbor. It's supposed to be 151 rum as well. Let's get together when we do my car and give it another shot. Haaaaaaaaaaa.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
They serve them everwhere around here in PA.. when I make them at home I usually do:

3 mint sprigs
1.5 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
2 oz light rum
club soda

mango mojito is good too, I use Cruzan mango rum and 1/2 the lime juice as above, otherwise same recipe

usually tastes very similar to the ones from the bars / restaurants

Where in PA are you at? I'm in NEPA and have never heard of this drink.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Oceanedge said:
Okay, first off I discovered last year that I love Mojitos. Unfortunately, I discovered this drink at a bar/restaurant.
Soon after this discovery, I moved across the country and cannot find a bar that serves a decent Mojito in the Tampa area.....

So this leads me to my next question...do any of you know how to make this drink at home?...I've looked up several recipes online...and most of the time I end up drinking a clear drink with some leaves floating around in it...that tastes like vodka and sugar water..and freshly cut grass.... :xpl:

Anybody succesully making Mojitos at home?

Do you actually go to Tampa/Ybor City? In Ybor there are a bunch of good Cuban restaurants that serve great mojitos.

Users who are viewing this thread