Hood Blanket .... Paint

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Anyone know where I can order a can of my zinc yellow paint.

I want it in a spray, I am doing the hood blanket mod and I want to paint the Cobra the same color as car.

Maybe easier to visit a crafts store with my touch-up bottle to match up a can of fabric paint?

OneSVTFan

Established Member
T 3 COBRA. most automotive paint shops can take your paint code and mix up paint to exactly match. They will even put it in a spray can. I have done this for to paint the wheel wheels on trucks I have bought.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Call a body shop and ask them where they get their paint from. It's usually somewhere local. Not sure about the spray though. You could always get a pint of paint and an airbrush from the local hobby store. Not sure how well it would stick. How if you could dye it, that would be better.

--Matt

CobraTone

Established Member
I have talked with 2 or 3 people who painted the letters, said it looked good from a distance but looks like crap up front because nothing sticks that well to the material. Good luck though, let us know how it turns out. :beer:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Bizarro
and whats the easiest way to stencile out the wording?

I am in the process of working that out.

Looks like masking tape and sharp knife to stensil it out?

Btw I called a local body shop and was told on a fabric type material to use fabric paint or dye it?

I am headed to the crafts store

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
After checking into various possibilties. I ordered off this website.

http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/

It was cheaper than local paint store by $8.00 for a small can of spray paint mixed with Ford code B7 - Zinc yellow.

The craft store didn't have a yellow even close to zinc yellow??

Users who are viewing this thread