Hood Mod Update

3rdstang

Established Member
I just completed Postbans hood blanket mod today. There is a thread a little bit further down but I wanted to post this up for info for everyone.
As Postban stated in his mod, water REALLY screws the blanket up. I have driven thru 2 torrential downpours (started raining well I was at work and had no choice) and have washed the car about 5 times since picking it up. Upon cutting into it I could see the blanket was so frayed at the front near the vent opening it was at least half inch thick due to water logging and fraying. Upon closer inspection, I could see were water had ran into the blanket and sort of "bubbled" the blanket up further down also :gt:
I tried stapling the blanket to get it to a decent thickness to apply the adhesive backed foam insulation and the blanket is in such bad shape aroun dhte vents the stuff will barely stick:(
Anyone have any suggestions????
I was thinking of buying a new liner and doing it when it is new to get a good seam of insulation around it.:shrug:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I painted the edges (after cutting) with hi-temp epoxy. Worked like a charm. Someone else painted the blanket with fiberglass resin and reported good results, as well...

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I jsut got rid of the hood liner so I could hear the o'so wonderful wine of my blower spooling on up to 16lbs. of boost!!!

No but really I have had no problems since removing the hood liner, it was just in the way and only there to keep road noise down.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Originally posted by 3rdstang
:I was thinking of buying a new liner and doing it when it is new to get a good seam of insulation around it.:shrug:

Why not go for a warranty claim???

:??:

Users who are viewing this thread