Hood Vent Modification?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I went to about 10 places around town and only an auto-trim upholstery shop had it...they call it Flex-trim or jiffy-trim...they use around metal edges to keep you from getting cut on custom jobs...it was like 3 bucks for 3 feet which is all you need...I added another step to this write-up where I siliconed the back when the trim was on to keep rain water(when my car sees rain) from dripping in around the trim and eventually wearing out the hood blanket...pm me if you have any other questions...I'm a big fan of keeping the hood blanket on...
Here's a link and a link is on this link:beer:

Last edited:

I M fast

daily driven!
Established Member
Sorry my friend, you are incorrect. The hood blanket is a FIRE blanket. If there is an engine fire, the plastic push in pins that hold it to the underside of the hood will melt and drop the blanket on the fire causing it to snuff the fire out. I used to sell ford vehicles at my local dealership, and thats straight from the training/product information videos that sales people have to learn to sell the vehicles. Those are the facts. Yank the blanket off, and never look back.
lmao:lol: when I bought mine from the dealer brand new, I asked "where are the plug wires?" and the guy had no idea. Asked the guy about the tranny..... he said "this one has the 6 speed":??: MOST salesmen dont know shite about cars. Blame the dealerships for that.

vipergts281

Established Member
Anyone worried about paint/rain issues with removing the blanket.....STOP worrying!

My blanket and vent flaps have been off for over 100,000 miles and I have NEVER had an issue with damaged paint or water getting under my hood.
I drive the car every day, rain or shine. Sits outside as well.

No need to worry.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
I'm debating on whether or not to make mine pretty like yours jomo or just taking down the underhood insulation and the vent covers.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I'm debating on whether or not to make mine pretty like yours jomo or just taking down the underhood insulation and the vent covers.

Take that thing off, now, it is flaking all over the place...then decide what you want to do...get a new blanket or get it painted...

Wikkd03

Established Member
i am gonna do this Saturday, is it pretty easy to get the blanket back on? i know those plastic snaps are a pain sometimes

Wikkd03

Established Member
when i pulled mine off i noticed the underside of my hood was painted so i left it off....theres a spot where the paint has been rubbed but it doesnt look bad

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
No luck finding this "flex trim/ jiffy trim"!!! Anyone from souther CA. ever found a shop/automotive store that supply this item????

Ralo

Established Member
I see the link to eBay which trim is it? Anyone have some extra they can sell? I don't need a whole roll and I cut my blanket last night.

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
What measurements/specs. did you guys get when you purchased/installed this black trim around the vent??? I figure, 1 yard is good enough??

Users who are viewing this thread