Hood Vent Modification?

mysterio

Established Member
Just by eyeballing the project on my own Cobra, my guess is a 1/4 inch should suffice on the trim gap. Don't forget how flexible and 'squishy' that hood blanket material is, to some degree.

whiplash306

Established Member
Check this trim out McMaster-Carr
Just ordered from these guys.....#8, product # 24175K42....Had to get the minimum of 10 ft., so if anyone wants some after I'm done, pay shipping and it's yours!

Thanks for the write ups on how to do this guys! I'm also an advocate of keeping the blanket in place, but admire the heck out of both the appearance and functionality of this mod!!!! Now for some of those billet hood vents with the gaping holes to vent the heat!!!

Marc

Established Member
I want to remove my blanke because I have the aftermarket FPW hood vents. BUT, the underside of my hood looks like A$$. With the new engine mods and 2.9 Whipple & summer coming, I will have to remove it for cooling reasons. Any way to clean the underside of the hood without a complete repaint?

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I want to remove my blanke because I have the aftermarket FPW hood vents. BUT, the underside of my hood looks like A$$. With the new engine mods and 2.9 Whipple & summer coming, I will have to remove it for cooling reasons. Any way to clean the underside of the hood without a complete repaint?

It's probably not painted in center of hood. I pulled hood off and painted outside on sawhorses with a $15 harbor freight gun. You'll be supprised how much better it'll look.
DCP_2693.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread