PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
IMG_4945.jpg

820ohm dropping resistor found behind the bumper for the fuel pumps

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
That would be it. You could jump the wires and start it up to make sure it runs. I bet you did that when you nosed it into the ditch in the snow huh? Glad you found it man.

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
what is it? I seen the one on my truck when I was trying to figure out Y my I/C pump wasn't coming on. I touch it when the truck was running and I burnt my finger on it.

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
what is it? I seen the one on my truck when I was trying to figure out Y my I/C pump wasn't coming on. I touch it when the truck was running and I burnt my finger on it.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
Breakin10s said:
820ohm dropping resistor

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
It's part of the fuel pump system, it drops voltage to the pumps so they run slower and is bypassed when going into boost or at WOT. You can splice the two wires together and bypass the resistor but the pumps will run full speed at all times.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
A great deal of what I spout on here is merely from what others have posted and I have read and then passed on. One of the most knowledgeable board members I have seen when it comes to tuning (that is not a tuner) is Camcojb, now HE knows his stuff!

scv8

Sideways SVT Poster
Established Member
Yes, Jody is sharp and you are modest :beer:

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
It's part of the fuel pump system, it drops voltage to the pumps so they run slower and is bypassed when going into boost or at WOT. You can splice the two wires together and bypass the resistor but the pumps will run full speed at all times.
allready beat ya too it and did that myself just to see if the truck would run. it does but after about 5 minutes i cant get into it at all from any speed... spits and spudders. just wanted to see if it would run is all, the new resistor goes on tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread