Hoses for H/E reservoir Shelby Tanks

celticfdguy

Keepin Calm and Chivin On
Established Member
Hi all, i recently bought the Shelby 3 tank kit for my 2010 GT500. Two tanks went on fine. I noticed with the H/E reservoir the one hose wont work due to where the nipple is on the tank. I tried to cut it down but it just isn't working. Where can I find a hose that is angled on one side but straight on the other end? I tried googling this but have had 0 luck. Anyone else have these tanks and if so what did you do to make this work? Lastly, the other hose connection not pictured on the bottom of the tank doesnt work either since its curved. I cut it down so its straight but now its short. Where can I get a "barrel" and some 3-4in of hose to extend this up to the tank? I attached a pic of what I am dealing with.

celticfdguy

Established Member
Pic

Attachments

• 20220413_142608.jpg
    20220413_142608.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 60

HKusp

Established Member
If you go to an autoparts store with a visual in your mind of what you want and the correct ID size, tell them you want to look at their hoses and see if you can find a pre-formed hose that will do what you want. It may end up being a heater hose for a Hyundai or something, but if it is the correct shape and size, who cares?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Looking @ the pic you posted, it looks like the existing hose could be cut & used.
You could cut the hose just after the 90* bend, just make sure you cut it long enough.
Or, you could take that hose to NAPA & explain what you need..

celticfdguy

Established Member
Thanks guys for the input. I botched cutting the stock one and its now garbage :( So NAPA ordered one that MAY work. Comes in next week. In the meantime I made one of my own with clamps and elbows. It looks OK. Hoping the one I ordered will work as I'd rather have a solid hose.

Users who are viewing this thread