Hot air blowing into floor

svt_redf1re

Established Member
Wondering if this is normal or if I have something going on with a blend door or something. I've noticed if I don't have my AC on the car has hot air passively blowing in from the floor vents. I know on newer model cars, air comes through the vents unless the recirculate button is pressed, but I'm pretty sure we don't have that option. Any help with this is appreciated because it makes for a pretty uncomfortable ride after a while.

MG0h3

Established Member
I do believe that if you don’t have recirculate on, it’ll allow whatever air is outside to come in. Not sure why it wouldn’t.

It would make sense that you are noticing this during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Wondering if this is normal or if I have something going on with a blend door or something. I've noticed if I don't have my AC on the car has hot air passively blowing in from the floor vents. I know on newer model cars, air comes through the vents unless the recirculate button is pressed, but I'm pretty sure we don't have that option. Any help with this is appreciated because it makes for a pretty uncomfortable ride after a while.

For the sake of it, drop the glove box and make sure all the vacuum hoses are connected properly.

svt_redf1re

Established Member
I do believe that if you don’t have recirculate on, it’ll allow whatever air is outside to come in. Not sure why it wouldn’t.

It would make sense that you are noticing this during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Is there any way to have recirculate on without running the AC on these cars?

MG0h3

Established Member
Is there any way to have recirculate on without running the AC on these cars?

Ya know I don’t run my ac much.

I’d think you can turn it there and leave the fan off. But maybe that’s what you were referring to with newer vehicles.

More I think about it, I think you’re right.

Max is recirculate and that has the ac comp engaged

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svt_redf1re

Established Member
Ya know I don’t run my ac much.

I’d think you can turn it there and leave the fan off. But maybe that’s what you were referring to with newer vehicles.

More I think about it, I think you’re right.

Max is recirculate and that has the ac comp engaged

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah this is where I feel like there is a problem. I can not find a way to shut off the vent from fresh air coming in (which as another user pointed out, is hot as shit probably because it's being heated by my longtubes)

As far as I'm aware, can't have just recirculate or max ac on without the fan or compressor running, because there's no actual fan "Off" selector on the switch

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you turn on the a/c does the temp change? If you're feeling warm air while driving I'd guess a door is stuck open or a seal has failed.

hotcobra03

Established Member
ford manual has all the information needed ,
Will show what line does what and when .

I don't recall air blowing when in off.
our tundra is different, always blows air unless you hit recirculation button ,

Heat is always on being flow never stops ,this door here may be issue ,

Google svt documents. The service manuals are in here free both PC version and small cell phone

Users who are viewing this thread