Hot or Not? Ford's New GT Supercar Concept Design?

AMChrisRose

Hot or Not? Ford’s New GT Supercar Concept Design

What do you think of this thing? I think it looks pretty good. Maybe a little bit "rounded", but I definitely see it being popular...

hotornotgtsupercar.jpg

THE_STIG

Established Member
I really don't see any fiscal reason why Ford would dump a tremendous amount of money into developing a super car seeing as the last super car they built actually cost them money. As a motor enthusiast I would love to see one but as a shareholder, **** no I don't want them to make a super car. Ford is just recently posting profits each quarter, they need to climb completely out of this whole before they can start being frivolous with their money.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Did a two year old draw that? Looks very similar to GT that was already made, minus the glass roof.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
It still looks like a cartoon in this drawing. Hard to tell without a real rendering.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I really don't see any fiscal reason why Ford would dump a tremendous amount of money into developing a super car seeing as the last super car they built actually cost them money. As a motor enthusiast I would love to see one but as a shareholder, **** no I don't want them to make a super car. Ford is just recently posting profits each quarter, they need to climb completely out of this whole before they can start being frivolous with their money.

They usually all cost money.

Supercars like that are always losers from a bean counter perspective, but they stir up excitement in the entire model line, and usually get the enthusiasts more inclined to visit dealerships to see a supercar and possibly end up buying something else.

Honestly Ford should be able to build a GT like supercar using current and available parts, using a modified version of the chassis they used on the FGT thats still in their R&D databases. Unless they are gonna do a new one from the ground up. The FGT is a damn good design, they should leave the chassis alone or slightly modify it, and create a new body/exterior, and like I said in the last thread, 6.2L with a better SC (maybe factory installed 3.4L Whipple?) or go TT.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They usually all cost money.

Supercars like that are always losers from a bean counter perspective, but they stir up excitement in the entire model line, and usually get the enthusiasts more inclined to visit dealerships to see a supercar and possibly end up buying something else.

Honestly Ford should be able to build a GT like supercar using current and available parts, using a modified version of the chassis they used on the FGT thats still in their R&D databases. Unless they are gonna do a new one from the ground up. The FGT is a damn good design, they should leave the chassis alone or slightly modify it, and create a new body/exterior, and like I said in the last thread, 6.2L with a better SC (maybe factory installed 3.4L Whipple?) or go TT.

The GT chassis would need significant modifications to meet current crash standards. They knew the car could only be built for 2 years. The roof line would be way different, which would kill the lines of the GT40 design IMO.

Also, the Wixon plant is long closed and sold (along with most other plants that weren't needed), meaning they no longer have a perfect place to built the car.

As far out as MY'15, there is no GT successor in the works. Who knows beyond that.

Anyway, that cartoon drawing above isn't realistic at all, so I can't really say if I like it or not.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread