Hotckis tvs is on!!!!!!!!!!

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Firstoff, I know, its worthless without pics, no pics, sorry.

After a few bumps in the road, its on correct, and wow is all I can say. This thing handles as good or better than any sportscar i have ever drove. Its tight, and sticky and feels oh so good. Usually tight and sticky is not a good combo, but in this case, its good. The performance is awesome. The drop is a lot more than I expected, and I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend it.

The bumps in the road were a simple mistake, and easily fixed. My installer left the stock bumpstops in, which pretty much made the air in the tires, the only suspension in the back. Fixed that, and now I love it. :pepper:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
+1....Please post some pics ASAP.... :beer:

This is one of the suspension kits that I am considering and would like to see pics of the L from all angles.... :D

Floridalawdog

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Dam....did you install it yourself?

No, a mechanic in Tampa did it for 150 dollars, so I couldnt pass it up. I dont have any way to post pics right now David, do you? Maybe, if so, we could meet so you could take a few and put them up for people who want to see.

Anyone thinking of buying this kit, do it. It handles amazing. And the drop is just right. Its low, but not too low. People are noticing it as a fast truck a lot more with it low, also. I was driving along the beach, and some guy starts yelling "do a burnout" over and over.

Also, the parts are all very high quality. Nice peices.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Good deal Lawdog. Although I haven't installed all the TVS pieces, I do have the front coils and rear leafsprings, and I'm very happy with them. Eventually I want to upgrade to all the TVS parts. Here's a pic of it installed for those wanting to see how much it drops the truck:

Picture024.gif

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
No, a mechanic in Tampa did it for 150 dollars, so I couldnt pass it up. I dont have any way to post pics right now David, do you? Maybe, if so, we could meet so you could take a few and put them up for people who want to see.

Anyone thinking of buying this kit, do it. It handles amazing. And the drop is just right. Its low, but not too low. People are noticing it as a fast truck a lot more with it low, also. I was driving along the beach, and some guy starts yelling "do a burnout" over and over.

Also, the parts are all very high quality. Nice peices.

Well I am at work untill 6am.... :whine: We can take them in the Morning when the sun comes up and post them up if you want. For a $150 I would have had them do it to...... :rockon:

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I will probably be asleep by then. I could drive there and we could take some if you get a break, provided you have you camera, which you probably dont have it at work.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
I will probably be asleep by then. I could drive there and we could take some if you get a break, provided you have you camera, which you probably dont have it at work.

LOL....no its at home.

svtsilverback

Established Member
can one of you guys measure the rear wheel gap from the center cap to the fenderwell please. going to get the hotchkis 2.5" leafs to go with my ruslow coils and want to know how the rear will compare to the front.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
svtsilverback said:
can one of you guys measure the rear wheel gap from the center cap to the fenderwell please. going to get the hotchkis 2.5" leafs to go with my ruslow coils and want to know how the rear will compare to the front.

On mine with F-1's on the front and Nitto DR's on the back - I've got 17" front and 17 1/2" rear.

Like FLD says - handles like a slot car ..................

Bird

Last edited:

Floridalawdog

Established Member
svtsilverback said:
Yup, 17 inches for me also.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
Yup, 17 inches for me also.

If you haven't already taken pics...and you still want to get a hold of me and we will take some and post them up! Plus I would love to see the truck! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread