Housing market is still solid in my neck of the woods!

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
We had a contract on a house and I needed to refinance my house to get my dad to move in and out of a trailer he's been living in. Closings are taking FOREVER in our area due to title insurance (small town BS). Anyhow my contract expired and they refused to extend it. He listed it with a local real estate company for an extra $50k and he had a contract within a day. Absolutely insane. I can't say I'm super disappointed. We have decided to just stay where we're at and save some more money for another year and see what the future brings. I don't hope for another collapse, but selfishly I'll be ready to pounce when it happens.

MG0h3

Established Member
I always tell my clients that the "A" in zillow stands for accuracy.

Market here is insane. If a seller over prices their home, I advise my clients to move on and explainwhy. Last 2 years have been my busiest ever.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Whenever I hear someone say that about Zillow, I scratch my head.

It’s always been accurate for the regions I’ve bought and sold in.

On the other hand I sold my house in CA last year for about 35k over Zillow price.

Course that’s only like 4 or 5 different areas so I’m sure there are areas where it doesn’t follow the real market.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
We have had 7 showings since we listed 4 days ago...2 more tomorrow

Of those i know 2 plan to offer...im in no real hurry but i didnt expect shit to go this quick

Fat Boss

Established Member
No slowdown in the Bay Area. My buddy just bought a place for $2.5M, when they were asking $2M. Nice place on five acres.

MG0h3

Established Member
No slowdown in the Bay Area. My buddy just bought a place for $2.5M, when they were asking $2M. Nice place on five acres.

Well hopefully with that land he won’t be able to see people shooting up and shitting on the sidewalk from his kitchen window

Fat Boss

Established Member
Don't fall for the media's portrayal of CA. I've lived here my whole life and I've never seen anyone shoot up or shit on a sidewalk. But, I don't go to S.F. either. He bought in a very nice area of mostly horse properties. $2.5M goes a long way, even in this day and age.

Fun Fact: Santa Clara County's median home value is now north of $1.6M. That includes the entirety of the east side which by most standards is still a dump. Still shocking for a county of about 2M people.

MG0h3

Established Member
Don't fall for the media's portrayal of CA. I've lived here my whole life and I've never seen anyone shoot up or shit on a sidewalk. But, I don't go to S.F. either. He bought in a very nice area of mostly horse properties. $2.5M goes a long way, even in this day and age.

Fun Fact: Santa Clara County's median home value is now north of $1.6M. That includes the entirety of the east side which by most standards is still a dump. Still shocking for a county of about 2M people.

I was teasing…sort of.

Have you seen the tent cities there? It looks like a 3rd world country.

Ride the monorail or elevated train in Oakland and it’s miles and miles of non stop tents. I don’t mean one or two hear and there either. I mean 10-20 tents wide and goes on forever. Must be thousands of them. They’re in there like ticks.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I was teasing…sort of.

Have you seen the tent cities there? It looks like a 3rd world country.

Ride the monorail or elevated train in Oakland and it’s miles and miles of non stop tents. I don’t mean one or two hear and there either. I mean 10-20 tents wide and goes on forever. Must be thousands of them. They’re in there like ticks.

Well, I don't go to Cokeland either. But, I did see a tent city the last time I went through Santa Cruz. It's unbelievable what the cities will put up with. Under my administration they would each be provided a home, with bars.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Putting my house on the market tomorrow, have a new house bought.

We'll see what happens.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I don't go to Cokeland either. But, I did see a tent city the last time I went through Santa Cruz. It's unbelievable what the cities will put up with. Under my administration they would each be provided a home, with bars.

Sounds awfully Trumpy. Better tone that done some, Mr Mach E.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Sounds awfully Trumpy. Better tone that done some, Mr Mach E.

I voted for Trump twice. But I'm not one of the sheep that go lock-step with whatever the Republican Party says, unlike most of the people on here. Someday I'll start a thread asking what people don't agree with, within "their party" of choice. That would be enlightening.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

F that, then they're taxpayers problem.

Under my admin they'd be shown a 9mm and told they get one chance at redeeming and reentering society, failure results in said bullet to brain. Id have legit programs directed specifically at helping them get back into society, real addict rehab programs, work experience, not the weak ass social programs now.

If they succeed, great, we're glad to help. If they fail, they're no longer a drain on resources.

These programs would need only a few years and then they'd be rendered unecessary. People would realize to do right and not end up like that and to seek help before their life gets that bad, fear of the legit shot would be enough.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I voted for Trump twice. But I'm not one of the sheep that go lock-step with whatever the Republican Party says, unlike most of the people on here. Someday I'll start a thread asking what people don't agree with, within "their party" of choice. That would be enlightening.

Well that was a tad bit refreshing, and admittedly surprising.

However, Trump ≠ establishment Republican party.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Do it. I disagree with my side a ton.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
It's nuts in Northern VA, though Zillow showed a slight decline in my home's value this last two weeks - that's the first since we bought a year in a half ago. I will be watching to see if that's a blip or it truly has peaked.

Adower

Established Member

Most of the media's portrayal of CA regarding the big cities such as SF and LA are somewhat true. You'll see tons of homeless, feces on the sidewalks, people walking around like zombies, people shooting up. However, as you said, thats not CA as a whole.

96dreamer

Established Member
Good friend of mine just bought a house just outside of St. Louis. Was listed for 770,000 and they are under contract for 850,000 pending inspection. Hit the market last Friday and they accepted their offer yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread