How big can I go with a 83 GLX

MistakenGenius

****** of the n00b
Established Member
Hello all, just found this forums and I wanted to say I hope this place is as good as it looks!

Ok then, I just bought a perfect 83 GLX with less then twenty thousand miles on the whole car. Before I rip the little 2.3l 4cly out I was wondering if anyone had worked with body model, and what the largest engine they felt like I could physically fit in it was. Yes I realize that everything will need to be changed, but I'm just talking about physical size and can I put the engine, radiator, belts and all that jazz inside this small a hood? I really wanna see if I can find an Aluminator or Teksid block and build up from there. Obviously I am aiming for as light as possible with the most power so I feel these would be ideal. But I don't wanna buy the block, get it here and find out there's no way it will fit and run in my little GLX. Anyone tried this out? Should I just get a 5.0 or 301 and call it big enough? Thanks for any and all help.

P.S. If I posted in the wrong forums or didn't do something right let me know

Last edited:

MistakenGenius

****** of the n00b
Established Member
I was told that, but having never worked on a FOX specifically I thought it would be better to ask. Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on where to look for mid 90's teksid or a low mileage aluminator?

MistakenGenius

****** of the n00b
Established Member
Also I had heard that about the mark VIII's but I didn't know the exact years thank you for the info. In the Mark 8's; that's the same same teksin block forged in Italy as the ones that ended up in the cobras correct? I would figure they would have to be or have to dawn a different name but as I have learned it is better to ask then to find out differently.

Thanks for all you're help and just so the mods/admins know I am more of a PC nerd then a gear head (though I like to think of myself as both) so if you need any help modding, codeing, or whatever with the forum please let me know and I will do what I can to further the cause for open forums such as this (specifically with Vbulliten cause it and the easiest for me).

Users who are viewing this thread