How did they startup in sportmode???

liter of cola

Established Member
As far as i knew it hasnt been possible to start the gt350 with exhaust in sport mode. When i watched this youtube video it seamed like he started the 350 with exhaust flaps open. Anyone know how this can be done???

https://youtu.be/osGjkQS_wTo

Helmet

Established Member
Also if you have it in sport mode and stall the motor you can restart it and it will stay in sport mode.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
As was explained to me at the Track Tour, for liability issues and 50 state legal certification the vehicle always has to start with all the traction control, safety, and noise limitations as what the vehicle was certified with. This makes the driver responsible for changing these features by switching to a different mode. Ford did not put a provision to change this and the vehicle is hard wired that way.

Whenever you get in and put the car on loud mode or reduce safety interventions for traction control the liability is on you. Maybe one day a tuner will figure it out, but it's not likely

liter of cola

Established Member
ok... I found out that the car in the video is actually 100% stock and started in normal mode, the owner of the car responded to my youtube comment and said that you get that deep tone on startup if the car is already warm.....

moving away from the video, I just wanna figure out how to get rid of the damn flaps, I don't like them and want nothing to do with them. can they maybe be tacked open and disengaged from the mechanism that opens and closes them?

liter of cola

Established Member
As was explained to me at the Track Tour, for liability issues and 50 state legal certification the vehicle always has to start with all the traction control, safety, and noise limitations as what the vehicle was certified with. This makes the driver responsible for changing these features by switching to a different mode. Ford did not put a provision to change this and the vehicle is hard wired that way.

Whenever you get in and put the car on loud mode or reduce safety interventions for traction control the liability is on you. Maybe one day a tuner will figure it out, but it's not likely

that's fine and all... so how can we get rid of it, forget tunes. why cant it just be disengaged?

Para81

Established Member
If you want to start the motor in SportMode press the Start button before you engage the clutch. You can then switch it to Sport Mode. Then engage the clutch and press Start like you normallly would.

Users who are viewing this thread