How do I beat a Ariel Atom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirraf

Established Member
Just get a 5.0, they beat every car on the road.:rolleyes: Will take it down no prob...

rskdsk

Established Member
Omfg ... I just went for a ride in the atom ... Omfg! That thing is stupid fast, the only way I could even come close to that car is if I had a rocket booster (3 stage) strapped the the trunk. The power is just insane and the supercharger screaming in your ear is just menening. It is easily the fastest car I have ever been anywhere near! He let me drive it as well ... All I can say is that I now know why I was born. I need to own one of those

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
From all of these comments so far you'd think that they're untouchable in a straight line. Don't get me wrong, they are VERY cool cars, and there's much more to them than just some straight line figures, but the 300hp model is a low 120mph car in the quarter mile. Definitely NOT at all like racing a liter bike as someone said.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
Here a lightly modded ariel that came to our track rental with traction problems and still managed 11.4@122mph.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrHCrFp8kBM"]YouTube - Ariel ATOM SneakyRacing @ The Track[/nomedia]

Deuuuce

Established Member
The only thing that stopped me was that my area of TX wouldn't recognize them for street usage, whereas the DFW Metro area will!

So you can't register it with the state vs. a local jurisdiction making the call? I bet you could easily challenge that in court. Also, isn't there a kit car registration available?

I'm shocked it's easier in California than Texas.

Incorrect. The supercharged 4 banger makes 300 hp. The 500 hp atom is the v8 which is N/A.

As far as beating an Ariel Atom? You have no chance. He will rape you in every respect. You would need probly 800-900 at the wheels just to stand a chance. Its pretty much like racing a liter bike or a hayabusa.

They are super fast and handle like they are on rails.

uh huh, sure.

Here a lightly modded ariel that came to our track rental with traction problems and still managed 11.4@122mph.

Funny how some of you are falling all over yourselves about a car that traps in the mid 120s for the SC version.

A '10+ GT500 with a pulley swap and supporting mods should walk one in the established 60-130mph run which is becoming quite popular.

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
So you can't register it with the state vs. a local jurisdiction making the call? I bet you could easily challenge that in court. Also, isn't there a kit car registration available?

I took it all the way from local to regional....got "no's" all the way. DISGUSTING really as it seems the guys who are in the Dallas/Ft Worth region are having NO issues whatsoever registering and licensing their Atoms for legal street usage. I tried the kit car registration route. Still, no luck. In fact, when I was turned down at the regional level, they went so far as to ask for the names and VIN #'s of the five guys who I know legally drive their Atoms on Texas roads so that they could "revoke their registration". That is 100% the quoted truth!!! ....and NO, I absolutely did NOT share any of those five individual's personal info with those pricks!!!

Funny you should compare California to Texas as I was looking to purchase the car from San Francisco Sports Cars and have it shipped to Texas. However, after securing the loan and having the car put on "hold, pending sale" with SF Sports Cars, I went on to see what it would take to register and inspect it and that's when the problems began. So needless to say, I had to withdraw my offer and pull out of the deal. VERY sad and hugely frustrating day!

GTCobraClone

Established Member

uh huh, sure.

Funny how some of you are falling all over yourselves about a car that traps in the mid 120s for the SC version.

A '10+ GT500 with a pulley swap and supporting mods should walk one in the established 60-130mph run which is becoming quite popular.

In the street on a roll a modded GT500 or 03 Cobra has a chance, on the track, many GT500 and 03 Cobras do better than 11.4 but no all of them. In the OPs case he doesnt stand a chance.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Tell him you'll race him from a roll all the way past 160, they top off at 150-ish LOL!. You won't beat him, does 0-60 in under 3 secs. If its the supercharged version, then its making 500hp and NOT 300hp.

no, the supercharged Atom is only rated at 300 hp.. for the 500 hp version you have to get the V8 version..

also, a road race, 0-60, 0-100 etc you won't beat it.. top end, yes, but that's about it..

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
How do you beat a 300hp atom?? buy/or mod a 400hp ariel atom thats about your only shot. I love that the PA DMV just sees my t-rex as a motorcycle and its a normal motorcycle license plate.. but insurance is a totally different story. FU formost!

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

uh huh, sure.

Afew simple mods will increase their trap speeds exponentially. They arent really setup for quarter mile runs

02SVTV6

Established Member
Ez. Upgrade your slow car. My buddy owns a SC Atom Its quick but nothing fast

rskdsk

Established Member
Let me give yoy a feel of what it is like. Imagine stepping in and strapping in (6 point harness). The Seats huge every inch of you and you almost feel as if you are laying down in the car. The engine starts and it sounds like a typical rice burner with a can exhaust (no can though) ... you start to think ... this is not big deal! Then the maddness starts ... imagine a perfect launch where your tires hook up hard and you are slammed back into the seat ... that is the feeling with one exception ... the tires are spinning as well ... almost sureal. The lighted steering wheel instantanously tells you to shift and the supercharger is screaming in your ear ... you shift ... bang ... you are slammed into the seat again ... with a slight rear wiggle. Again, instantanously you need to shift ... you look down and you are passing 100mph ... your mind thinks, this is not possible!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
From all of these comments so far you'd think that they're untouchable in a straight line. Don't get me wrong, they are VERY cool cars, and there's much more to them than just some straight line figures, but the 300hp model is a low 120mph car in the quarter mile. Definitely NOT at all like racing a liter bike as someone said.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, the Ariel Atom is a badass car, but the performance is grossly exaggerated in this thread in-terms of straight-line acceleration.

99% of them don't even run quicker than mid 11s. Now if you're talking about racing one from 0-60-0 or around a tight road course, sure expect to be cooked.

Either way, race it and let us know what happens. :coolman:

Last edited:

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Okay man here is what you do, you call CPRsm and MMR, have CPRsm send you a Twin 76 kit w ALL upgrades. Then have hellion build you a Monster Mod 351R Motor that makes 650 N/A and then turn the turbo's to 35lbs and hope like shit you get traction!

DenniSTi

Established Member
300whp + any light chassis = pretty quick. Think Elise, CRX, Beetle, etc. Modern 600s or 1000s will blow these out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread