How do I clean the "Suede" on my 03 seats?

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Like the title says, I was just wondering if anyone knows a good way to clean the fake suede stuff on the center sections of my seats in my 03 Cobra. They are the lighter shade of gray and have never been cleaned. I never drive the car with nasty pants on because of the seats, but I can tell that the drivers side is starting to show some signs of dirt as it's not quite the same shade as the passenger side seat any longer. Any help would be appreciated!!

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
I had heard somewhere to not get them wet, but at the same time I couldn't figure out how to clean them while keeping them dry... I haven't tried anything up to this point, I just didn't want to screw them up tying something before asking the "experts" on here. Sounds like you've had good luck with your method so I can try that one... Thanks!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Considering this is an SVT site and this is NOT directed to the OP at all...

But can't we get this shit stickied? I mean EVERYONE comes in here asking how to clean the Alcantra all the time.

I prefer using Woolite for Darks. Dilute it down to the weakest ratio on the bottle; use distilled water.

Vacuum the seats, Spray on the Woolite, use a dampened white terry-cloth washcloth to agitate the solution into the seating surface until you're satisfied that the dirt is broken down/removed. Rinse washcloth as necessary.

Vacuum the centers again and allow to air dry.

Don't let your leather conditioner get over onto the Alcantra either; that can make a mess and potentially stain it.

hoofbeat

Established Member
considering this is an svt site and this is not directed to the op at all...

But can't we get this shit stickied? I mean everyone comes in here asking how to clean the alcantra all the time.

I prefer using woolite for darks. Dilute it down to the weakest ratio on the bottle; use distilled water.

Vacuum the seats, spray on the woolite, use a dampened white terry-cloth washcloth to agitate the solution into the seating surface until you're satisfied that the dirt is broken down/removed. Rinse washcloth as necessary.

Vacuum the centers again and allow to air dry.

Don't let your leather conditioner get over onto the alcantra either; that can make a mess and potentially stain it.
+1000

Users who are viewing this thread