how do i find out if i have a bullitt

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
i have a true blue bullitt. i been doing a lot or reading up on it and its saying that is will have a idenification number located on the car. The small problem is that it does not tell me where to find this?:shrug: i have the paper that they put in the window when you buy it. and its got a little id thing at the top of it in the left hand corner but i cant find anything that will let me run it or something that will be able to help me out. i know i have a bullitt i would just really like to know witch number i have. thank you for your help!

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
Maybe look online to try to find a bullitt registry? they might be able to help

Fuerza

Established Member
Did you have the bullitt suspension, PBR brakes and Bullitt intake manifold? Plus 1 on the id tag on the shock tower.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
There is an additional one in the car. The id tag on my old bullitt's shock tower had faded off due to someone using an abrasive cleaner in the engine.

To get to the 2nd id tag you have to remove the lower part of the rear seat. Get a flat head screw driver and shove it between the set itself in and the carpet (start at the door side). Run the screw driver right to left until you feel it hit something, this is the seat holder. If you lift up on the seat slightly you will see that you can push the clip in and the holder will pop up. Perform this for both sides. On the front seat wall (behind the front seats) under the carpet is the 2nd id tag.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
ya it has all the bullitt parts everything. i got to look at the tower to see if there is one there. and if it is not there look under the seat. thank you for all your help

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
99-04-seat-delete-01.jpg

This is the clip. You push the front in with a flat head and then pull the seat up. There is one on each side. Also the tag is literally under the carpet that the clip is surrounded by, probably in the middle.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
There is an additional one in the car. The id tag on my old bullitt's shock tower had faded off due to someone using an abrasive cleaner in the engine.

To get to the 2nd id tag you have to remove the lower part of the rear seat. Get a flat head screw driver and shove it between the set itself in and the carpet (start at the door side). Run the screw driver right to left until you feel it hit something, this is the seat holder. If you lift up on the seat slightly you will see that you can push the clip in and the holder will pop up. Perform this for both sides. On the front seat wall (behind the front seats) under the carpet is the 2nd id tag.

i will do this to just make sure there is one there.
a really do appriciate all the help

WVFord

Established Member
some Bullitts have two different sail panels. most have the Bullitt panels,

no chrome surround on the front end emblem

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
My cousin ordered her true blue bulliet new and they forgot to put the right side scoops on and had to send her the deletes down the road fyi.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
the 1/4 windows are the easiest way to tell

Mach's and Bullitts have different ones

That's because the C pillars are slightly different.

Believe it or not, there is a very slight, almost indent (crease) on them as well. If you look at it at a certain angle, you'll see what I mean.

Also, the side scoops are smoothed out; no mesh inside

Door sills say Bullitt in brushed aluminuim, as well as door slats that are flush, not flared.

Everyone else's advice was right on the money as well :beer:

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
well guys may car has all that stuff.
because it is a bullitt the sticker on the strut tower was taken off. all it says there now
is the little ovel and ford inside of it.
so i looked up under the carpet undernethe the back seat and there is was a little sticker thats says bullitt and its number 1603. i just need to find out what number or the true blue 1603 was?

Users who are viewing this thread