Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Guardless Buzzer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I switched from cartridge razors to a safety razor a few months back and love it. It’s a little more time consuming and at took a little to get the technique right. But once I got it dialed in, it’s just as close, if not closer of a shave. The upfront cost of the razor and blades was obviously more than a new Gillette Fusion or something similar. But over time, I’ll save a ton of money not having to buy refills. I’ve done it all over the years from straight razor to electric and this is by far my favorite method. I doubt I’ll ever go back.

For those wondering, I picked up a Vikings Blade Chieftain 5 BC.

229eb5e9aa3889a39be63eb9d60cedfc.jpg

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmmm interesting. May give them a try. Fixing to start shaving my head. May try these out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting and timely thread. I used a safety razor back in my late teens through 20s, and switched to electric. I've used an electric (Braun) ever since. But I miss now the closer shave. Electric can be hit and miss. Yeah, it's a lot easier and faster, but..... So I'll be checking this thread for safety razor options.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny, I was going to start a thread yesterday asking if anyone still uses electric razors.
I still use a Mach 3, but I used to get free cartridges through a friend at Gillette. They are almost gone now though, and he no longer works there.:(

I'm thinking of going electric, but the couple I had always felt like they just pulled your hair out if you miss a day.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good stuff. So how long will (1) blade last considering ur using both sides. Yea, them refill blades come out to like $5 each. Smh im about done with that myself.

I guess the (4) blade system that swivels seems to work better on my face but its been many years since ive tried a st8 razor. Maybe I need to give it another go.

I really detest shaving! I have zero plans to ever grow facial hair and the grey only makes u look older and u cant dye it like u do ur head hair lol. Im thinking of just laving Laser or Electrolysis done on my face so I dont ever have to shave again! How freakn great would that be to never have to shave again smh!

I switched from cartridge razors to a safety razor a few months back and love it. It’s a little more time consuming and at took a little to get the technique right. But once I got it dialed in, it’s just as close, if not closer of a shave. The upfront cost of the razor and blades was obviously more than a new Gillette Fusion or something similar. But over time, I’ll save a ton of money not having to buy refills. I’ve done it all over the years from straight razor to electric and this is by far my favorite method. I doubt I’ll ever go back.

For those wondering, I picked up a Vikings Blade Chieftain 5 BC.

View attachment 1658843

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't shaved with a razor in well over 4 years.

Just run the clippers around my face with no guard for the sad excuse for facial hair I grow.

A few years from now I’ll probably be shaving my head.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Good stuff. So how long will (1) blade last considering ur using both sides. Yea, them refill blades come out to like $5 each. Smh im about done with that myself.

I guess the (4) blade system that swivels seems to work better on my face but its been many years since ive tried a st8 razor. Maybe I need to give it another go.

I really detest shaving! I have zero plans to ever grow facial hair and the grey only makes u look older and u cant dye it like u do ur head hair lol. Im thinking of just laving Laser or Electrolysis done on my face so I dont ever have to shave again! How freakn great would that be to never have to shave again smh!

I’ve heard you can get multiple shaves from a single blade but I just replace it every time. You can get 100 blades for <$20. So the feeling of a fresh blade every time is worth it.

Plus, I’ve got small kids. So a blade less razor on the counter is the smarter okay anyways.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Right now Proglide about twice a week on my neck. And Trim the beard once a week.

I was using the Bevel Safety razor which was nice having a sharp blade each shave without spending $4 on a cartridge. Going slow the bevel is great, a quick shave creates nicks and cuts. It does not get as close and proglide.
Bevel Razor Review... Is It Worth It? | 99 Cent Razor

Want to try Gillette’s now heated razor. At $30 I’d buy. At $200 I’ll wait. Haha.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Wanna talk about pissing someone off..razor blade prices. I put an end to that and shopping for them. They have done alot for the Military as well.

Users who are viewing this thread