How do you tell when your G2 Whipple 2.3 is tired?

Jiffy

Established Member
So, a few years ago on this forum I bought a nice, rebuilt 2.3 Whipple.
It has a carbon fibre snout but otherwise all stock.
Car has done little work since putting it on - maybe 5-6000 miles tops.
Car still runs fine, no noises, the Whipple uses a tiny smidge of oil from time to time, but then it always has.
The ‘whine’ at idle seems a little more pronounced than it did a few years back - I know that’s entirely subjective - so wondering what the danger signs are that I should be looking/listening/feeling for, or are there best practice guides for maintenance of the blower that I could read?

No issues afaik at the moment, but would like to head any off early if there are some coming.

Thanks again guys.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
CF coupler you mean? Also what car? Haven't seen a CF snout which wouldn't be great due to lateral loading. I've seen covers in CF and couplers from Bond. Kinda out of my league but might need to be more specific.

Could imagine the CF coupler could be rough on the bearings vs a poly bushing giving even less shock absorb.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If it's using oil I'd at least get it checked out. Mine was using oil and when I asked whipple about it they said that shouldn't happen. The snout ended up needing a rebuild. It's been fine since.

Users who are viewing this thread