How far would you drive with an aftermarket blower without a tune?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I can see it running a little rough

But does it really flow a lot more fuel with higher pressure injectors

And maf change

I’m lucky to pass 2500rpm on normal drive

Yes it will inject more fuel. And possibly foul the plugs while driving to your tuner. Thats why its recommend to have a base tune

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I think I'm going to trailer it down to Paul's Automotive and let them do everything. Would rather avoid any finger pointing between install and tune.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I can see it running a little rough

But does it really flow a lot more fuel with higher pressure injectors

And maf change

I’m lucky to pass 2500rpm on normal drive

Yes it does. If the computer thinks it has 39lb injectors and 80lb injectors are installed then it's going to inject twice as much fuel because it's going to use the timing for the 39's. And if the MAF is different the airflow values will be off which will screw up the scaling immensely. I went through this with my 01. I ran a chip and later found out I didn't clean the pins well enough for good contact. The car ran horrible and was rich, etc.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Paul's said they need to remove the transmission to install the Cobra Engineering Head Cooling Mod. It adds $700 to the job. I thought having the blower off was the perfect time to do HCM and didn't require transmission work.

If they have to remove the transmission, maybe this is the right time to do a clutch, input shaft at the same time.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I’d do either a tune from your tuner of choice to drive it there. Or a tow or trailer to get there.

If he was still in business I’d recommend Precision Autosports Jeff, he is the man. Jim at Quickrev in Kettering, Oh does excellent work too. But he has HP tuners not SCT. Not sure of HP tuners is available for our cars yet? It maybe with an N gauge not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of things. First, did you ever go to Kilkare to run your car? I used to be there a good bit.
2nd, Jeff was an ok tuner and basically told my friends that I "had to have nitrous on my car to run what I was running" because all of the pullied Cobras he tuned weren't running what I was. A good friend of mine lived in Beavercreek at the time and utilized Jeff's shop to work on his own car, so I had him telling me all of the stuff that was said. Hell, it could have been the other guys not being worth a damn behind the wheel, or it could have been inflated dyno #'s being thrown out by Jeff. Who knows. I also had friends that had Jeff do some motor work for them that seemed to work out alright, so I dont have anything bad to say about the guy.
He just didnt have enough people working for him to keep up with shop payments.
I know there is a good bit more to that story, but a its neither my business or my place to even go into it. He seemed like an alright guy, just ended up having to shut it down. Definitely hurt local guys options.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Couple of things. First, did you ever go to Kilkare to run your car? I used to be there a good bit.
2nd, Jeff was an ok tuner and basically told my friends that I "had to have nitrous on my car to run what I was running" because all of the pullied Cobras he tuned weren't running what I was. A good friend of mine lived in Beavercreek at the time and utilized Jeff's shop to work on his own car, so I had him telling me all of the stuff that was said. Hell, it could have been the other guys not being worth a damn behind the wheel, or it could have been inflated dyno #'s being thrown out by Jeff. Who knows. I also had friends that had Jeff do some motor work for them that seemed to work out alright, so I dont have anything bad to say about the guy.
He just didnt have enough people working for him to keep up with shop payments.
I know there is a good bit more to that story, but a its neither my business or my place to even go into it. He seemed like an alright guy, just ended up having to shut it down. Definitely hurt local guys options.

Yes I haven’t been in years. I also haven’t ran the 04 there only my old 01. Jeff seemed like the best option at the time vs another shop I don’t want to name on here. I know I didn’t have any issues with him. When he retuned my car after bringing it back from VA. It dyno’ed 10hp and 10rwtq lower than the one in VA. However WOT AF is at 11.7-11.8. It was right around 12 when I picked it up from VA.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Yes I haven’t been in years. I also haven’t ran the 04 there only my old 01. Jeff seemed like the best option at the time vs another shop I don’t want to name on here. I know I didn’t have any issues with him. When he retuned my car after bringing it back from VA. It dyno’ed 10hp and 10rwtq lower than the one in VA. However WOT AF is at 11.7-11.8. It was right around 12 when I picked it up from VA.

Ok. There used to be a guy with a comp orange car that would roll out to Kilkare with a guy in a yellow 03. Wasnt sure if that was you or not.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ok. There used to be a guy with a comp orange car that would roll out to Kilkare with a guy in a yellow 03. Wasnt sure if that was you or not.

Not me. I know there was one in Columbus on here screen name Dragula.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Not me. I know there was one in Columbus on here screen name Dragula.

They were somewhere in the Dayton/Cincy area. I actually met the Dragula guy at my friends shop. They were having fueling issues on the dyno and I found a loose wire nut in the trunk for him. Someone else had done the work for him and they obviously didnt do a great job.
I may have saved his motor from going boom by going lean. It was an odd connector that the guy had used too.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
They were somewhere in the Dayton/Cincy area. I actually met the Dragula guy at my friends shop. They were having fueling issues on the dyno and I found a loose wire nut in the trunk for him. Someone else had done the work for him and they obviously didnt do a great job.
I may have saved his motor from going boom by going lean. It was an odd connector that the guy had used too.

Maybe on the stangbangerz website cincy based I haven’t been on there in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread