How fast are these???

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Motor trend.....
The 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is powered by the same 3.8-liter, 355 horsepower (SAE), flat-six cylinder engine as the new 911 Carrera S Coupe. It propels the car from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in just 4.9 seconds. For optimum handling, the Carrera S Cabriolet incorporates the same Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system fitted on the Carrera S Coupe as standard equipment (the system is an option on the Carrera Cabriolet). PASM allows the driver to select between the comfort of a Grand Touring car and the track-ready precision of a genuine high performance sports car at the touch of a button. The 911 Carrera Cabriolet is equipped with the new Carrera Coupe's 3.6-liter, 325 horsepower (SAE) flat-six engine that powers the car from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in a quick 5.2 seconds. Both models achieve the same top track speed - 177 mph (285 km/h) for the Carrera Cabriolet and 182 mph (293 km/h) for the Carrera S Cabriolet - as their 911 Carrera Coupe counterparts despite a greater weight of more than 180 lbs. (85 kg.).

take it for what its worth...Nice kill

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Was it a brand new Porsche or a 2004 older model...they are about 2-4 tenths slower than the 2005 models. But still...i had a 2002 911 cabrio try and cut me off today with a mid 80's 911 turbo right behind him..i was stuck behind a Rav4 going 30 in a 60...Cabriolet went around me...as soon as the Rav4 turned off i floored it then cario jumped in front of me and got on it..i had to let out to not hit him and at the same time the 80's turbo was right next to me...i put 3-4 truck lengths on him quickly. They were leaving Summit Point Road Course.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
FineLineMtrSprt said:
Was it a brand new Porsche or a 2004 older model...they are about 2-4 tenths slower than the 2005 models. But still...i had a 2002 911 cabrio try and cut me off today with a mid 80's 911 turbo right behind him..i was stuck behind a Rav4 going 30 in a 60...Cabriolet went around me...as soon as the Rav4 turned off i floored it then cario jumped in front of me and got on it..i had to let out to not hit him and at the same time the 80's turbo was right next to me...i put 3-4 truck lengths on him quickly. They were leaving Summit Point Road Course.

not sure of the year, but it looked brand new. then again its a porsche they are well taken care of, for the most part...

Users who are viewing this thread