How long does it take for the GEM to go into sleep mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC PaiN

Established Member
I have LoJack anti-theft device in my 2002 GT and 2003 Cobra, and both must stay on a trickle charger, or they drain the battery in about 2 weeks. The dealer confirmed that (in my case) it is caused by the LoJack device.

Yea don't have that on my car.

PC PaiN

Established Member
got to thinking, does it matter if the meter is set to MA or amps when it comes to the fuse inside the meter?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My 95 Lincoln Continental does this same thing. I have been trying to figure it out since I got the car after my mom passed away in 1996. It seems that if it sits for more than a couple of weeks the battery is drained. I drove from here to FL to Disney World last year. Parked it in the resort lot on Sunday. I did not get in it until the next Saturday and she fired right up. At home sometimes I go out to the garage and get in her and she is dead. I keep a battery tender on her for about 2 weeks and then take it off for a week and then put it back on. I have had no issues doing this. But you are right it is an aggravation.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
my 99 cobra had the same problem...made me so mad that I eventually sold the damn thing... loved that car though... I could never find out what the problem was and I wasn't willing to take it to the car dealership and pay big bux to figure it out. If you do find out what the problem is let us know cause even though I haven't had that car for 3 years now... I still want to know what the problem was.

03auto

Established Member
Had this problem with my 03 cobra after lots of searching it came down to the ABS module. Mine would do fine if you drove it every few days let it set for a week and it would be dead. While i was tracing it down I noticed that the theft light would blink abnormally and every now and then the Odometer would flash, all of this with the switch off. I know this sounds weird but the module took care of the problem.

autotrix

Established Member
got to thinking, does it matter if the meter is set to MA or amps when it comes to the fuse inside the meter?

It should be set to 'mA' Also, if you put an in-line fuse before your meter it can help protect your meter fuse. Its real easy to blow the mA fuse in DVOM's.

So when you pull the #27 fuse, your drain goes to 8mA? I wonder if your drain drops with fuse in, by pulling the amplifier plug? Just a thought. Assuming that #27 is in fact the radio circuit.

PC PaiN

Established Member
It should be set to 'mA' Also, if you put an in-line fuse before your meter it can help protect your meter fuse. Its real easy to blow the mA fuse in DVOM's.

So when you pull the #27 fuse, your drain goes to 8mA? I wonder if your drain drops with fuse in, by pulling the amplifier plug? Just a thought. Assuming that #27 is in fact the radio circuit.

27 is the radio circuit. I'm going to try by actually disconnecting the radio itself and trying that.

I'm just confused as I don't use my meter too often and I'm being told that 200ma is no where near enough to find a draw. I can always just set it to amps and move the decimal but I don't think that cures the fuse problem in the meter. The meter fuse can only take so much i would assum no matter what setting the meter is on

PC PaiN

Established Member
Well got it down to the driver side amp in the trunk. It's pulling about .14amps when plugged in.

Does anyone know if it's for sure a bad amp or can the radio still be faulty and it's sending a signal to that amp to stay on? I'm not real sure how this mach 460 system functions.

YELOSNK

Established Member
I've had problems with my car as well. I always assumed it was the combo of my speedcal and only driving short distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread