How long would you go?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
hahahaha 5qts a week is incredible. Just keep the starter permanently engaged so that the car will perpetually start up when it dies. Lemons, meet lemonade.
It is actually amazing lol. No one at my dealership has seen anything like it. Its just interesting that it doesn't blow any smoke at all.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
My beater burns 5 quarts a week. Driven 50k miles in a year and ive never drained oil or changed filter.

LOL you win.

I drove to work today as it started to rain, and then it downpoured as I pulled into a spot. I waited it out 15-20 minutes, exited my car, and was greeted with a rainbow.

pXUHFOj.jpg

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
this new mobil oil is like 50$ for a jug of 5 quarts. Amsoil ss works out better for money going that much, otherwise stick to mobil 1 EP. I have yet to see the specs behind the "year " oil either, what group base it is etc. Amsoil has a high TBN and great NOACK, i like to look at these two thing specifically. Mobil 1 EP scores pretty good too. Best oil change off the shelf for money is Motorcraft filter and Mobil 1 EP or step up slightly to EP filter too.

I believe this year long oil is because so many manufactures are saying 10k+ oil change, they need a better oil for general public access to meet this (try)

The best way is to do oil analysis. The oil can look black and smell of fuel (di) but still test really good (still protecting) so you are just throwing good oil away. This way you can get a real idea how far you can go.

Users who are viewing this thread